ANYTHING other than water that is low carb, low sugar?

Options
I am in love with water, and I drink it without a problem. I'm very, very well hydrated. But lately I've been craving something different (but what?) I want something juicy and refreshing.. But juice is LOADED with sugar and carbs which I'm restricting at this point in time. Is there some miracle drink out there that I can enjoy without the guilt???

Replies

• cheyennevink
    cheyennevink Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    green tea, or almost any tea.
    I drink a lot of Kamille&Honey tea. It taste sweet and has no carbs;
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Cyrstal Light or no-sugar kool aid? Personally, I like diet coke and allow myself one can a day.
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hell yes!
    go here http://drink-bolero.com/shop/page/1?shop_param=
    I use them for drinking cooking and for my diabetic hubby.
    The orange tastes like orange juice - as do most of them taste like the fruit on the pack. The cola sucks. The ice tea is ok.
    I think you can buy them worldwide, and definitely on eBay.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Tea :)
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I am in love with water, and I drink it without a problem. I'm very, very well hydrated. But lately I've been craving something different (but what?) I want something juicy and refreshing.. But juice is LOADED with sugar and carbs which I'm restricting at this point in time. Is there some miracle drink out there that I can enjoy without the guilt???

Water with lemon slices... or lime, or other fruit. That's what I drink. I love it!
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't know about miracle drinks. I'm not in that business :)

I generally drink water or unsweet iced tea. If I want a kick I I add a little cherry juice to the tea (makes it tart) and lately I have been making water with extras - last week I put cucumber, lemon and mint in the pitcher of water (this was actually labeled a 'detox' but I just made it becaues it was tasty) and this week it's just mint and lime because whole foods was out of cucumber. Cucumber! Crazy.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Some hard liquors
  • eyespy45
    eyespy45 Posts: 4
    Options
    I keep meaning to try water with fruit, mint, veggies...but how long does it have to sit before you drink it??:smile:
  • Runtly89
    Runtly89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's a really good idea.. How did they taste? I'm going to try that.. I bet the cucumber is very refreshing!! Thank you for your help :)
  • Runtly89
    Runtly89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Diet coke, sugar-free drinks are always packed with aspartame.. Just a fake sugar.
  • leahshepherd
    leahshepherd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Have you tried coconut water? I find that really refreshing and depending on the brand, can be as low as 8 calories /100 ml. Not calorie free, but still pretty low considering how amazing it is!
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Frozen blueberries, cranberries, or cherries work great as ice cubes and will flavor the water some, more as they "melt". And it's not very many cals/carbs if you munch on those few berries when your water's gone.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I love water with cucumber slices OR a twist of orange, lime, or lemon to give it a little more flavor than just plain water. Other than that, I'll drink unsweetened iced tea, iced coffee, or Diet Dr. Pepper.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Frozen blueberries, cranberries, or cherries work great as ice cubes and will flavor the water some, more as they "melt". And it's not very many cals/carbs if you munch on those few berries when your water's gone.

This is an EXCELLENT idea.
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    Tea!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I get sick of water really easy so I add Crystal Light Energize powders to it. They are 10 cals a packet and add a lot of flavor
  • kiern18
    kiern18 Posts: 61
    Options
    Crystal Light packets are my go-to drinks. I don't see anything wrong with it because of the artificial sweetener. It hasn't stopped or prolonged my weight loss. I drink it everyday and I am losing weight consistently. Vitamin water zero is great too.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Honeybush tea (especially with vanilla and lavender) tastes slightly sweet.

As would a tea with citrus peel in it. Like Earl Grey, which has bergamot in it. Or just add lemon/orange peel to a black tea and infuse.

Or mint tea, especially with water mint or spearmint. That's lovely iced as well.

ETA: make with hot water and either drink hot, warm or chilled, whatever you like.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Light lemonade.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Add any kind of fruit to your water, cucumbers, mint. Watermelon works great and cold steep with a tea bag. Tastes yummy!