New to this?

Options
Okay, I'm only two days in, mostly hitting my goals (macros are 1-2% off, but I think that's to be expected at first) and I am wondering...
I'm 132 lbs with a height of 5' 11', and I have a bf % of 8. Is 150 lbs a good starting goal? I do a lot of strength training w/o burning over about 79-ish calories each day, and I just want to know - when doing this how much fat does a skinny person like me gain as opposed to muscle? A lot? Or a little? Please keep in mind that I'm not going over anything in the goal section aside from vitamin c, and I drink a liter 1/2 of water each day. Will it be noticeable? Or will I just look healthier? (Currently underweight.)

Thank you

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    What does "a lot of strength training w/o burning over about 79-ish calories" consist of? What is your routine? How do you know it only burns 79-ish calories? How many calories are you eating?

If you are following a progressive strength training program while eating a surplus of calories, you can expect to gain fat with your muscle. How much depends on your surplus and how hard/heavy you are lifting. How much are you aiming to gain a week?