Which fitness tracker or watch worth investing?

Options
skeltonblues
skeltonblues Posts: 45 Member
edited May 2015 in Getting Started
over asked question I'm sure but which fitness tracker or watch is worth investing and fairly accurate?

Replies

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge and I love it
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Its apps you can download on your phone for free. Just have to have your phone on you
  • lonerockz
    lonerockz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend one that has an integrated heart rate monitor. I have a Microsoft band, but the FitBit ChargeHR is similar. The real advantage of continuous heart rate tracking is that you get a much better understanding of how many calories your body is really burning. Letting you understand better how to achieve your goals.

For example. When I first started out 10 minutes of the Stairmaster at 70/62 steps per minute would result in a max HR of 165. Calories burned were about 190. 5 months later I have to go at 76/72 and my HR only reaches 150 and calories burned are about 160.

Knowing that my workouts from when I started only burn 80-90% of what they used to makes a huge difference. I've increased the difficulty of my exercise so that weight keeps coming off.
  • diefchefnewbie
    diefchefnewbie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The apps on the phone are good but unless you carry it everywhere with you they don't track all your steps. Plus they drain the battery.

I use a Fitbit HR. It's a watch, tracks steps, distance, heart rate and if you wanted to you can log food etc.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I use the Mio Fuse. It's not as robust in features like the Fitbit line is but the optical HR is more accurate than the Fitbit Charge HR/Surge.
  • timyorke
    timyorke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've used a fitbit flex and MFP for 10 months and it's worked brilliantly. The apps integrate so well, and it gives you a real sense of control on the energy you're using and how it balances with the energy you're consuming.
  • turtlesoup1957
    turtlesoup1957 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Over the years have used several things for years my favorite was Sportbrain. When that company was sold was never the same. After trying numerous things have finally found one I really like. Garmin vivofit also have their heart rate monitor. Still learning all the numerous things able to track and use. With my job can only wear a watch no other wrist jewelry. Vivofit has different color bands so I don't feel like I'm wearing the same thing every day. Being able to link my note 3 cell phone and my iPad to my Vivofit has really help me keep motivated. Absolutely love it.