The long run

Options
Sometimes the journey seems so long and hard its impossible to see how we can ever get there. How can we do it? One step at a time. It sounds like a cliché but its true. I had such a visual reminder last night. A couple of years ago I started jogging. I ran round the lake near where I live, trying to jog between lampposts or at least jog from one posts to the next, then walk the next one or two. Last night I was out with the running club from my gym, and we went round the lake as part of our route, and I realised that I had jogged nearly 3 miles without stopping. There was no magic, just building up my fitness over time, and having the confidence to do. Sometimes I don't want to get out there and exercise, regularly I get 5 minutes in and think I just need to stop a minute - but (cliché time again) the journey of a 1000 miles starts with one step.

The trainer at the club has challenged me to run a 10k in August in 60 mins - I might not get it but I'm going to give it my best!

Replies

• samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Just update I did my run in 59 mins 1 second! That's a number I never thought I'd see!