Need 1,200 cal friends

Options
So this morning I weighed myself and I was heavier than I've ever been before :(

Last year I lost 6kg with MFP and was happy with my weight, but I slipped back into my old habits! Rejoined MFP but haven't properly used it in ages (been eating lots without logging).

I think it's be a great help ifI was friends with other girls with similar goals to me! Trying to stick to a 1,200 cal diet. Current weight is 68kg (150lbs) Want to lose 8-10kg (17-20lbs) by Christmas 2013.

I'd really like supportive friends and offer my support and encouragement in return! :)

Replies

• ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would love to help. 1200 cal is not what I am used to for sure - I would love some support as well :)
  • joshpass
    joshpass Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    everybody is different with how many calories you need. 1200 is very low for most people. unless you a short AND don't exercise, you are literally screwing up your results putting your body into starvation mode. PM if you want to know more. I deal with this for LOTS of people. For some reason, almost everyone seems to think they all need this magic 1200 calories or the lower the better. THIS IS NOT TRUE and will harm you.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    u can add me if you like I have done 1200 I tends to stick around that even though I give myself some cals to play with
  • smeder
    smeder Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in the exact same place!!! I would be happy to encourage you:wink: and vice versa!! We can do this!!!!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I started at 1200 and was extremely sick - 1200 is not common, please realize this.

I now eat 1400-1500 and am much better and losing weight again. Some people do stick to it, but the majority on here from what I've read have noticed that the more you eat, the more fuel you have the more you burn.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    so for now i'm doing the 1200 calorie thing because i'm not exercising much as i have a bad ankle and can't get it looked at and i'm already having trouble eating that many calories because i'm broke as a joke WOO for having no money ever! i don't see myself staying on that little of calories though because i don't feel like i'm going to keep seeing changes but i'd be there for encouragement, unless i end up running out of food and getting so hungry i eat my computer :)
  • newsharonkay
    newsharonkay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Whats MFP? I am trying to lose 30 pounds by nov 20th. I am on a 1200 cal diet with lots of exercsie when I do it. Could also use a friend with similar goals..
  • storknursekelly
    storknursekelly Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi, wishing you much success in your journey. Support & motivation is so important. Add me too if you'd like :)
  • forestbecca
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    everybody is different with how many calories you need. 1200 is very low for most people. unless you a short AND don't exercise, you are literally screwing up your results putting your body into starvation mode. PM if you want to know more. I deal with this for LOTS of people. For some reason, almost everyone seems to think they all need this magic 1200 calories or the lower the better. THIS IS NOT TRUE and will harm you.
    oh godddddd she didnt ask for your unsolicited opinion!!!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'd be more than happy to encourage! I started at 1200 but recently switched to 1450 (and I eat back my calories).

I know the 1200 game though! It was so tough at the beginning.

So I'd love to be friends :) and that goes for anyone who like to motivate/be motivated.
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I do the 1200 calories on days that I just lay in bed from morning till noon...wich never happens.
  • forestbecca
    Options

Thanks babydiego87 :)
  • joshpass
    joshpass Posts: 82 Member
    Options

well if she wants to actually get good results and not screw up her body in multiple ways, then fine. I'm not sure why you would though. Just trying to help, geez...
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    PetiteLittleFlower Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm on 1200kcal x
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I eat right around 1200 calories per day. Please feel free to add me, if you'd like! :flowerforyou:
  • babydiego87
    Options

Thanks babydiego87 :)

I did 1200 Becca and I lost a pretty solid amount of weight, I've now bumped my calories to 1300 and still losing. Planning to bump up again soon...You can do this!!!
  • MeaganFadel
    MeaganFadel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd also love for some 1200 cal friends! Just started 6 days ago...Let's support each other!
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I try to stay around 1200 calories. Its been really working for me for about 2 1/2 months now. Sometimes I go up to 1400-1500. I lost 20 lbs for the first 2 months. Now that I'm almost to healthy weight range I'm probably on track for 6-8 lbs this month. Please add me for support.
  • babydiego87
    Options

well if she wants to actually get good results and not screw up her body in multiple ways then fine. I'm not sure why you would though. Just trying to help, geez...
    rme

she posted this in introduce yourself not the advice section. im tired of 1200 bashers derailing threads with their agenda, ESPECIALLY when they are not asked for their input.