Kayla Itsines BBG

Options
Hi! :)

I've done her BBG once before, but I didn't put a lot of effort in - I won't lie - so I didn't see great results. Also, my eating was pretty hit and miss.

Everytime I look at Kayla's Instragram, I see images of women who have TOTALLY changed their body shape just from her guides. Really not sure whether I should do it again, or if I should stick to my gym routine (which I enjoy!). Has anyone had any success with the BBG?

Replies

• LMCGFITNESS
    LMCGFITNESS Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes! The change to my stomach was amazing, I did this and fitness blender work outs and if you try it really does work. If you want a buddy to start again with I'm up for that!
  • munkeyfunk
    munkeyfunk Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Lettuce beef real tea, a structured program involving the use of weights and progressive overload is all you need. All those "celebrity" trainers just want your money, and imo definitely not worth it.
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Do what you will really dedicate yourself to, that is what will give you the best results. Since you already own her program, you certainly can consider seeing what you can add to your gym routine that she does, but keep in mind that results are going to be more about eating at a deficit and challenging your muscles. I love Kayla's workouts, they are easy to work around my toddler shadow and are still very challenging for me at this point, but my friends who lift heavier and have been gym rats for years would have to modify the program to make it more challenging because it is designed for people who have a moderate to low level of strength and general fitness. IMHO, it's a great program for anyone who still finds push ups reasonably difficult and is not concerned with making really fast improvements to strength.
  • nicoletteamber
    nicoletteamber Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm on week 8. I follow the help nutrition guide and recipe book with bbg 1. I love it. I've seen changes in my body for sure. I'm in the military and just took a physical fitness test yesterday. I did better after 7 weeks of bbg than I ever have even after basic training or with personal trainers or insanity! My Instagram is nicfitrnbbg. Whatever you do, give it your all. Lot of it comes down to eating!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    fitness is not rocket science and doesn't take any special plans or diets

if you want to lose weight, start counting calories and consume less than your body burns

if you want to look more "toned", start lifting weights

really just lift weights either way cuz it's awesome