My success thus far! Pictures included. Share yours too!

Options
emilyd2305
emilyd2305 Posts: 18 Member
Most people lose weight before they get married. I on the other hand saw no reason to change my appearance. My fiancé loved me the way I was. I actually gained weight with all the stress of wedding planning. But after the wedding, I decided I needed to change my life style. Because I was a newly wed, and I wanted to be healthy. So I've religiously calculated every calorie I've eaten and have been hitting the gym (probably not often enough though). So last night I tried on my wedding gown (because walking around your house wearing your wedding gown alone six months after your wedding is completely normal

Replies

• retta717
    retta717 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • ck09ck
    ck09ck Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's unreal! Way to go.
  • Kerry211168
    Kerry211168 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well done on the brilliant results! And congratulations on your recent wedding. Do you know how many pounds you have lost? Big up to you for all your hard work over the last few months, an inspiration to me with over 50 ponds to lose.
  • emilyd2305
    Options
    @Kerry211168 I've lost about 45 pounds so far! You can do it!
  • Kerry211168
    Kerry211168 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks Emily :)
  • conkin86
    conkin86 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow way to go!!
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wow Great job!
  • nasreenmustafa
    nasreenmustafa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow... Thats great !!
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • emilyd2305
    Options
    Well done on the brilliant results! And congratulations on your recent wedding. Do you know how many pounds you have lost? Big up to you for all your hard work over the last few months, an inspiration to me with over 50 ponds to lose.

@Kerry211168, the best things I've learned during my weight loss journey is not to deprive yourself of anything. Eat everything you like, but in moderation. In order for this to work forever, as a life style change and not just a diet, it has to be something you can manage. If you want something sweet, try low calorie versions of the things you like. I'm not sure where you are from. But we have 100 calorie snack packs that are delicious. Allow yourself one a night, something to look forward to. It will stop you from craving sweets. If you want pasta or rice, eat the correct serving size. Measure and weigh everything. A lot of places to eat here have low calorie menus so eating out is still possible, and a nice treat. Calculate you're bmr to see how many calories you burn just by being awake. If your bmr is 1800 then you'd need to 1300 to lose a pound a day. So you create a deficit of 500 calories a day to lose one pound a week. And try burning 500 calories a day working out to lose another pound a week. Start slow and don't starve yourself. It's hard to stick to dieting when you are constantly hungry. I wish you lots of luck!
  • MrOnOneTwo
    MrOnOneTwo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thats brilliant, and shockingly straightforward! -500 cals from BMR, and -500 cals through exercise...
    2lbs a week...
    thats achievable realistic yet a really good pace! no wonder you ste doing so well!
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Fantastic...I want to try my wedding dress on now :o
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very, very well done lass :-)
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You've done so well. I like your diet advice too. Thank you!
  • Juneliliy
    Juneliliy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! Keep up the great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!