Yonanas

Options
msty112
msty112 Posts: 199 Member
Yonana machine. Anyone have one? Is it worth the money?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Do you have a food processor? That makes great fruit "icecream".... A friend had a yonanas, it looked like a PITA to clean...
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You can achieve the same result with any food grinder and a spoon. I use a meat grinder attachment on my Kitchenaid.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Just use a food processor or blender, no need for an additional gadget.
  • hvjc
    hvjc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I freeze my bananas in chunks. Freeze them when they are mostly ripe, but not spotted (still firm). When you want to eat the ice cream, put a glass in the freezer. Measure out your frozen chunks of bananas (good to weigh them because you may be consuming way more than you realize). Put them in food processor. Whirr, scrape down the side as necessary. Add a 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa if you like once they are mostly blended. Don't overblend or they will deflate. Serve in chilled cup. I find about 150 grams of banana about the right amount for a yummy treat. Don't add milk as the texture won't be as good. And keep in mind a food processor is better than a blender for this one (you also don't loose as much banana mixture in the crevices as you would in a blender).

My other food processor treat: iced coffee/slushie. Whirr 1 cup or a bit more of ice cubes in your FP. When ground to slush consistency, add instant coffee (2 tsp or more if you like stronger - and can be decaf), some sweetener of your choice, and 2 tsp or so of powdered skim milk (or 1/4 cup of liquid skim milk). Blend again, adding a bit of water as you need it. Yummmmm!
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I do not have a food processor unfortunately. My blender just turns everything into a liquid, then I would have to refreeze ot
  • hvjc
    hvjc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I got my current food processor for $7 at a thrift shop.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I have a really small food processor - probably $10-15 that works perfectly. For the past 7 years frozen banana "ice cream" with a teeny bit of Nutella has been my child's favorite dessert.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have a really small food processor - probably $10-15 that works perfectly. For the past 7 years frozen banana "ice cream" with a teeny bit of Nutella has been my child's favorite dessert.

OMG. I both love and hate you for suggesting Nutella. Didn't think of it. Now that's all I want. It would be SO GOOD on Yonanas!!

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options

OMG. I both love and hate you for suggesting Nutella. Didn't think of it. Now that's all I want. It would be SO GOOD on Yonanas!!

Ha, just 1/2T gives it a boost, but my kid wants the biggest spoonful in there. I always have to pry the spoon away from her!
  • jessica_sodenkamp
    jessica_sodenkamp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used my vitamix for nicecream, then my mom bought me yonanas, and really it's so much more worth it to use a blender/food processor. It makes it easier to add more ingredients as well. Here is how some of mine turns out!
    ch107nukbuvt.jpg
    im39436bzfxn.jpg
    14f6iwv24xj1.jpg
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Im not crazy about the yonanas,you cant really add anything in,because it all just blends and comes out immediately so it doesnt mix up the stuff.
    I usually just do it in my blender and freeze it back up for a few minutes.