There are two kinds of people in this world...

Options
There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who understand that they need to "cheat" from time to time, and liars.

Do not fool yourself into thinking you are going to be 100% compliant to your diet. You can "cheat" from time to time, and still make a ton of meaningful progress by being 80-90% compliant.

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I thought there were three kinds of people in the world...

Those who can count

and

Those who can't
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    I thought there were three kinds of people in the world...

Those who can count

and

Those who can't
    archaic-rap-see-what-you-did-there1.jpg
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat. I eat the things I love that I can fit into my calories, and if I go over? Then I adjust over the week to stick to that goal.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who understand that they need to "cheat" from time to time, and liars.

Do not fool yourself into thinking you are going to be 100% compliant to your diet. You can "cheat" from time to time, and still make a ton of meaningful progress by being 80-90% compliant.

Although I don't consider the 20% "cheating", I definitely agree with the point, OP.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I would say the types of people are more like:
    very restrictive/extreme dieters- cut out lots of stuff, want to lose weight fast, take weird supplements or wrap themselves in plastic, set aggressively low calorie goals, spend hours working out, weigh themselves very often, binge or cheat often, may not log, give up if they can not be perfect

people who don't understand how to use the tools properly (food diary, scale, etc)- when they figure out the mechanics of setting their goal and logging accurately then they make progress

those who have a reasonable plan that fits their lifestyle and know how to get the results they want- they set reasonable goals, eat what they want and fit it in their plan, know that a day or two over their calorie limit will not destroy their progress, look at trends or patterns over time, are patient, make steady progress
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Or you can fit anything you want in, and stop calling it a diet.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    There are two kinds of people, those who put people into categories and those who don't.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I am 100% compliant with my diet as my diet is a noun and not a verb. I eat, therefore I have a diet. Hard to not comply with that.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    There are two types of people in this world; those that make grossly general assumptions about others and those that don't.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

Certainly, while losing weight, you can "cheat" from time to time and you'll eventually make up for it because your normal calorie deficit will absorb the extra calories. But once you move to maintenance, cheats accumulate and you'll either have to do something about them or you'll gain weight. It is better to not cheat in the first place. The lie is to think that a person needs to cheat. If a person can eat at a deficit for several months, then they can stay within their calorie goal when not at a deficit.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    thedutch.jpg

LULZ

well done
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    I'm neither a liar nor a cheater, so therefore, I do not exist? Awesome.

There is nothing that I eat that feel even the slightest amount of guilt over. Why should I? It's just food. Food does NOT = emotion.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    There are two kinds of chicks in this world. Chicks that dig me and lesbians.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

My husband is gonna be so pissed...
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

Almost every man dreams of his wife being lesbian.
  • sazziek
    sazziek Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own opinion. And people get off track once in a while. If you mess up with cheating on a meal or not go to the gym, you just make it up the next day!
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    There are two kinds of people in the world. Those that finish writing their sentences and
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options

In the bedroom? Yes. Full-time? No. We know how you guys have to feel like you're needed. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Nah...perhaps he dreams of his wife inviting another woman to their bed for them both to enjoy but I doubt he dreams of her leaving him to set up home with Marjorie...amirite?