Downslide, and back up..

I've been so gung-ho about this whole weight loss/health process since January. Well, about a month ago, we were evacuated from our home due to a horrible wild fire. We were able to come back and our home wasn't destroyed, but since that time I've been giving in to comfort foods. Bread, pasta, chips... All the things I was doing so good at avoiding. I've done great staying within my calories for the most part, but on top of the urge to eat bad, I've also slid downhill on working out!

Today I'm back on track: No more junk food, and the gym after work.

Does anyone have any advice on the slide downhill and working your way back up?

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Awesome that you are back on track! You just gotta commit to it and DO IT! Not much advice to offer other than get out there and do what you have to do.
  • jamielynbrown24
    jamielynbrown24 Posts: 21 Member
    I similarly slid back into old habits a lot last month and am back on track. What made me focus again was seeing a picture of myself from a wedding in October before I lost 20 lbs. I never want to look like that in a picture again. And I have another wedding next October so I've set some weekly goals to fit in a sexy dress for the wedding. Keeping my eyes on the prize is keeping me motivated. And I plan to cut n dye my hair when i reach a certain goal so that keeps me excited. So I suggest to set some realistic goals and write them down :)