Difficulty reaching calorie goal

Options
I've never posted on a forum before but I need all of your help. I'm having trouble reaching my daily 2600 calorie goal. I'm not into vegetables, nor fruits. I'm always missing about 50g of carbs and 70g of protein. My fat intake is always spot on (it's not that hard to eat foods with fats haha)

So my question to you is; what can I eat to reach my calorie goal?
Please, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary, we can take a look. That's a lot of protein left on the table - what is your goal, and how did you get that number?
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I call BS, especially if you aren't eating vegetables or fruit.
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    SabrinaLiveFit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    TR0berts, Yes, it is. I don't have a weight I am trying to achieve, I'm increasing my calories every week for this intense muscle building program. I used a specific calculator to find out how many calories Im supposed to eat and what my macros are supposed to look like. I'll open my diary in a sec...

SuggaD, to what are you calling BS, exctly?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    OP, what are your stats?
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options
    Stats?
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Height, weight?
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options
    5'5, 143 lbs
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    grain, bread, pasta for the carb...chicken / fish for the protein, especially if you pair it with the grain (rice/quinoa) or pasta. Also, you straight up aren't eating enough. 2600 calories at your height/weight means a huge food proportion...I have a hard time eating to 2300 without feeling like I am ALWAYS eating and I am 8 inches taller and 60 lb heavier.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    If you're 143lbs.. why are you trying to get 228g of protein daily?

Is there something I'm missing here?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Whoa! You probably don't need nearly that much protein as what your goal shows in your diary.

OK, I see that you just posted height and weight. No, you don't need 200+ grams of protein. I'd go anywhere from 115 - 143 grams per day, based on 0.8-1.0 g per lb BW.

That should make it easier to fit in whatever Calorie-dense foods you like to reach your Calorie goal. Don't be afraid to eat things like breads, pasta, ice cream, whatever.
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options
    Joepratt503, I am so used to going by what the box says, I never think to increase my portions. However, I do eat all of those.... Ok so I'm not eating enough or I'm eating too much? I don't understand your last phrase. For the volume of work I do, I don't find it hard to eat, ever. I just had lunch and my body is still nagging me. I just can't find more food to shove in my mouth haha.

IsaackGMOON, for the high volume I do, if I don't feed myself, I will not be able to gain the mass I need. The 2600 is only on working days, my days off its 2100.

I am just trying to follow this program the way it is supposed to be followed. I have leaned out with the amount of food I'm eating and the amount of exercise I'm doing. So something must be working.
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options
    TR0berts, I remember having to go by 1g per lb BW, I am just afraid that if I move away from what the program calls, I will not be doing it right and feeding myself properly. Like I mentioned above, so far so good, except for meeting calories.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I mean that 2600 will feel like a TON of food...but if that is your goal you are just gonna have to stuff it in. I did look back into your diary and, yea, I think its just small portion size on lean protein/carbs keeping you back.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    eat a shitload of eggs and peanut butter

ez
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    TR0berts, I remember having to go by 1g per lb BW, I am just afraid that if I move away from what the program calls, I will not be doing it right and feeding myself properly. Like I mentioned above, so far so good, except for meeting calories.

And what program might you be following?

• boopsiegrl
    boopsiegrl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine not finding enough food it was there when we were eating whatever we want and now we cant eat enough don't get it eating to many got us here and now we cant find enough RIGHT
  • doktorglass
    doktorglass Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Tip: I add low fat cottage cheese to every meal basically, to up the protein count. It goes with everything. Mix it with sriracha and it goes very well with white fish.
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options
    boopsiegrl wrote: »
    I can't imagine not finding enough food it was there when we were eating whatever we want and now we cant eat enough don't get it eating to many got us here and now we cant find enough RIGHT

Hahahaha tell me about it.
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options
    Tip: I add low fat cottage cheese to every meal basically, to up the protein count. It goes with everything. Mix it with sriracha and it goes very well with white fish.

Oh I will give that a try. I was using cottage cheese, but the water texture makes me sick haha... will try the Sriracha
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    eat a shitload of eggs and peanut butter

ez

Lol... I will remember that for breakfast. Thanks.