Hi, I'm ready to commit, are You?

Options
I'm having trouble sticking to my calorie goal. Has anyone found that making their diary viewable helps with that? I need friends to comment on my snacking???

Replies

• aprayer
    aprayer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I snacked my way up to 210 pounds. So I think that makes me an expert when it comes to snacking. So now I'm in the market for healthy, so that means ice cream and cookies have got to go that's ok because apples and oranges taste good too.
  • BeverlyW1108
    BeverlyW1108 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan!
  • GrandmaCarole
    GrandmaCarole Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have dried apricots and dried apples on hand to munch on. I measure my allotment first so I don't snack mindlessly. Fresh fruit is best, but the dried stuff doesn't go bad as fast and is always handy. Baked apples are a wonderful desert as well.
  • maxdwh
    maxdwh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've found that packing healthy snacks ahead of time means I don't over-snack when I'm after something to nibble on.
  • GrandmaCarole
    GrandmaCarole Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The best way to do this is plan ahead. I plan for each day, and try to eat small meals often to keep my blood sugar level. This is the best way for me to commit. Keeping low fat foods, like cheese, cottage cheese and yogurt helps me as well. I have boiled eggs handy and low salt vegetable juice. Low fat mayo and salad dressings are essential. Then I use high fiber carbs like hi fiber whole grain bread, 4 bean salad, acorn squash.
  • BeverlyW1108
    BeverlyW1108 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions. I found that I still need to keep a diary because I can overeat healthy food too! I eat cottage cheese for my afternoon snack & a hard boiled egg every morning. Sounds like Great minds think alike!