Coffee creamers

amazon69
amazon69 Posts: 5 Member
edited May 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Silk makes an almond milk vanilla coffee creamer that is very good. It stays creamy and doesn't taste like watered down almond milk in coffee.

Replies

• beamie2687
    beamie2687 Posts: 95 Member
    I love So Delicious coconut milk creamers. Silky, flavored or unflavored, and 35 cals per tbsp.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Nestlé coffemate chocolate chip cookie creamer is also 35 calories per Tbs of awesomeness . I never substituted my creamer, everything that I tried that was less calories just wasn't worth it. I'd rather have 35 or 70 calories a day of something that tastes good, than suffer through either nothing or something gross. That being said, if you like that substitution more power to you!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Nestlé coffemate chocolate chip cookie creamer is also 35 calories per Tbs of awesomeness . I never substituted my creamer, everything that I tried that was less calories just wasn't worth it. I'd rather have 35 or 70 calories a day of something that tastes good, than suffer through either nothing or something gross. That being said, if you like that substitution more power to you!

I wanted to try that chocolate chip flavored one... I currently use the Salted Caramel Mocha coffeemate. I don't do substitutions in my coffee.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    randomtai wrote: »

I wanted to try that chocolate chip flavored one... I currently use the Salted Caramel Mocha coffeemate. I don't do substitutions in my coffee.

Its very good! How's the salted caramel mocha? I've tried the Mexican chocolate and the snickerdoodle as well and loved it. ID coffee creamer on the other hand continues to disappoint
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    If anything, a splash of fat-free milk. But 99.99% of the time, I'm all black. Have acquired a taste for it!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    randomtai wrote: »

Its very good! How's the salted caramel mocha? I've tried the Mexican chocolate and the snickerdoodle as well and loved it. ID coffee creamer on the other hand continues to disappoint

I like the salted caramel one it definitely tastes more caramel than mocha... the color threw me off a bit as it looks like chocolate milk.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I used Nestle coffemate vanilla and So Delicious Italian Cream.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited May 2015
    2 cups of coffee, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 cup of skim milk is doing it for me currently. Of course, that's 255 calories (but I skip breakfast and often lunch)
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    I use fat free half n half. I have a sensitivity to almonds that won't kill me but makes me bloated like crazy. Since my first baby I've disliked all flavored coffees and creamers. I used to love hazelnut but now I'm a plain drinker.
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    I just wish they wouldn't put sugar in those flavored coffee creamers. I don't use sugar in my coffee and so I find those creamers just way too sweet. Like Phoenix_Down, I'd rather use half & half and count the calories because the other varieties are just not worth it flavor wise.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    10% plain ol' half and half, but just a tiny amount - half a tablespoon for me, barely any calories to count. I've never liked my coffee to taste like milk or cream.

I can drink good coffee black and often do at home, or my second 1/2 cup is black.

Even when I seemed to react to lactose in milk this small amount of 10% in my coffee never bothered me at all.