plateau

Options
jolenegrew
jolenegrew Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been exercising regularly for 18 months. I have lost a stone and a half in that time but the last 6 months I have plateau and I don't know how to get past this can anyone give me any ideas or suggestions please.

NB: I box twice a week and run once to two times a week and recently just starting doing some weights.

Replies

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food on a food scale? Take cheat days? How's your logging accuracy? A stall that long, I'd look there first.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Do you weigh your food on a food scale? Take cheat days? How's your logging accuracy? A stall that long, I'd look there first.

This...

Second, I would re check how you are calculating exercise calories or calorie burns.. and if you eat them back... and if you, could you be overestimating the burns and eating too many calories back?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Tighten up your logging. Invest in a food scale if you haven't yet. Make sure every item that enters your mouth is accounted for.

In addition, your profile says you're only four pounds from goal? You have to be as precise as possible when it comes to logging in that case, because you have so little room for error.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Have you lost *nothing* in the last 6 months, or just more slowly than you'd like?

And adding in weight training, or changing your exercise up, can cause water retention, so you won't be able to trust the scale until that settles, as an extra thing to keep in mind.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing, you're not in a deficit.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    If you're not losing, you're not in a deficit.

Pretty much this but you need to figure out why. Are you under estimating your calorie intake or over estimating your burn or both? Really not much to it.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    &**%^ double post