Comfort Food -Eating when stressed

Options
Hi,
I would like to loose around 40lbs. I want to do this with a combination of healthy eating/counting calories (no faddy diets) & exercise. I can be do good but if I get stressed I find myself instantly reaching for the biscuits, cakes, crisps, chocolate. I would appreciate it if anyone could reply with their tips for overcoming this?
Thanks,
Nic

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Develop new strategies to deal with stress that dont involve food pr eating your feelings.
    Dont have all the binge food around.
    If its one thing causing you stress then do soemthing about it.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    1. I eliminated foods from my house I absolutely can't eat reasonable portions of (frozen pizzas, for example) and replaced them with those I could (lower cal frozen single serving pizzas).

2. I bought a food scale. Everything is weighed in grams: everything from peanut butter to potatoes. The treats I must have (jelly beans) I weigh carefully I and savor.

3. I plan my meals the next day so I'm not adrift. I know exactly what I'll be consuming.

4. I tend to reach for alcohol when stressed. With iron willpower I avoid it most days. On days I plan on imbibing I plan carefully so I can fit it into my calories.

5. On days I go off the rails I try to pick myself back up the next day and start anew. Yesterday was a great example. I'm kicking myself but realize I'm not going to undo everything I've accomplished.

6. Weighing myself weekly works for me. Daily fluctuations drive me crazy. I haven't had a loss every week. Sometimes I bounce up by two pounds, then down by two the next week.

I hope that helps and is the kind of advice you're looking for. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)

• Gemini7637
    Gemini7637 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Great advice ☺