Icecream once in a while ok?

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    A friend invited me over for ice cream and I don't want to be rude and refuse...ice cream once in awhile is ok right?

Yes it is perfectly fine to eat ice cream on a daily bases even. I personally keep about 10-20% of my calories reserved for "junk food" in my diary. Typically ice cream though lately I'm on a mango shake kick.

As long as you meet your carb/protein/fat macros and are under calories, you are fine to eat whatever :)
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream once a week when I drive past the Dairy Queen. Large twist cone. Best 470 cals in the world. I eat it because it fits in my cals and I love ice cream. Cant eat it every day because I dont want to skip out on the other foods I do eat to have ice cream, and the Dairy Queen is too far away to go every day.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Yes. I ate it every week(before I cut out dairy) and still lost weight.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Yes please! I have it almost every day, and weigh it out to get what fits into my cals/macros for the day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I had some last night! But keep in mind that half a cup is 300 calories or something... it goes fast...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Buy your self an ice cream maker (£25ish) then buy the large tubs of fat free fruit or vanilla yogurt. A fraction of the cost with non of the fat. Try to choose ones with a low sugar content too. It really is good.

NO.

Agreed. It's nothing more than another misguided attack on enjoying life, as if fats were somehow not an essential part of the human diet.

OP - eat the ice cream and enjoy being social with your friends. There is absolutely no reason not to include treats (and social events that have food) because you're losing weight.
  • mrsriisky
    mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Definitely! Just watch portion size and you'll be fine :)
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    If you want it, don't deny yourself it. Diets built on restricting yourself from the things you love, unless you plan on never eating them again the rest of your life, are just silly. Then diets in general are silly, life style changes that incorporate your "bad habits" are the only probable solution to a life of living at the weight and health you want to be.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Of course it's fine to eat ice cream.

However...if you've drastically reduced the amount of sugar and carbs in your diet, you might find that it tastes really sickly sweet and you don't enjoy it as much as you thought you would.

As I found out. And promptly chucked the whole tub in the trash.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Waiting for Sara to post link to her success story.

But yeah. I eat it all the time. The real stuff. Usually Talenti gelato (cookie caramel crunch).
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    No never. You may only eat overcooked tilapia and boneless skinless chicken breast, raw whole wheat pasta, and unseasoned broccoli. Flavor is the enemy!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Of course it is. You need to treat yourself, or one day soon you're going to find yourself knee deep in a huge binge.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I eat it every day:D.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    A friend invited me over for ice cream and I don't want to be rude and refuse...ice cream once in awhile is ok right?
    NO. Icecream is the devil.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    No, its not OK ever,
    You are screwed.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a condition (like I do...diabetes) which might be an issue, you can have it as much as you want. I had a little bit today as a treat but I have to watch my sugar. You are lucky you dont have that problem. Enjoy the ice cream!
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Everynight is always ok!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Everything is ok in moderation. No need to cut out a certain food just because you are trying to lose or maintain your weight. Just log it and adjust around it.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Of course it's okay. Eat it, enjoy it, log it in, make it fit. Why deny yourself? ( Now I'm talking half a cup, or a little more, NOT eating the whole half gallon.)