Slightly overweight but health problems

Options
i am here looking to get in better shape, but I am also looking to build a support group.

All of my friends and family are overweight, some of them obese. I am one of the lightest people in my close social circle, yet I am over weight by 6lbs and have a lot of vain and joint issues from the extra weight.

When I decline food at my friends homes and parties, I tell them, no thanks I am trying to get in shape, so they get offended, if I tell them I'm not hungry, they get offended. I have told them of my health problems but they blow me off and say that I am skinny and I don't have to worry.

I don't need to loose a massive amount of weight, I'm 5'8" 173lbs looking to get down to 150. I want to find people who will understand me, even people at the gym in the weight loss support group where flabbergasted at desire to lose 20lbs... Everyone thinks I'm fine because I weight less then them.

I am looking for other 'skinny' fat people who have run into this problem for support. I love my friends and family but I wish they would respect my decision to not eat junk food, count calories and not get offended when I tell them I am going hiking instead of watching a movie.

Thanks for listening!!