wagon...

Options
Fell off the wagon tonight. After coming home from a kid activity I was starving and everyone including me in a bad mood. I grabed a coke and chips since my blood sugar was low which means my tolerance for whining and fighting is even lower. After I was full and feeling better, I then felt awful for eating that way. What do you do to get over these humps?

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I doubt that even put you over your maintenance calories. Log it, move on and don't give it another thought.
    Just make sure you haven't set your calories too low, because that can be hard to sustain long term. If you need to incorporate Coke and chips into your plan, do it and make them fit your calories. No problem!
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Personally, I take the emotional power away from foods as naughty or bad.

I allow for treats within my calories; I don't worry about it if I go over my goal on any given day.

Most importantly, I don't mindlessly snack on energy sense foods. If I'm going to eat something, I'm going to enjoy it.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    To get over those I beat myself up the next day (not recommended) then pick up and start over.

Momma said there'd be days like this...

:smiley: