Went to a Nutritionest

Options
Hi everyone,
My Dr wanted me to go to a Nutritionist to learn how to eat to lose weight and control my diabetes. My diabetes is fine with the numbers but I am too big and have no energy.
She is very good and didn't put me on a diet...just explained how I was eating and how to eat more in proportion.
I logged into My fitness pal after she suggested it. Do the figure how many calories you need to eat by the information you give them? Present weight, height, desired weight and activity level?.....just wondering. I am on 1400 cal a day. I have been keeping under the 1400 but have been over in the sugar and fats at times.

She wants me to exercise but I am avoiding that. I have lost a little by my scale but her scale was lighter than mine...we will see next week!

Kathy:happy:

Replies

• Beachchic1977
    Beachchic1977 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I think I'm following a similar diet. I'm currently doing 1500 per day. I have been amazed at the amount of sugar in "healthy" foods. I'm currently not diabetic, but it runs very strongly in my family and i had gestational diabetes while pregnant with 2 of my children. Complex carbs ( green and brown) seem to be lower in sugar .
    Good luck, we can do this!