Ladies is there hope for those of us with dimply legs?

Options
I hate my legs.I havent worn shorts out in public in about two years, even if its scorching hot.I used to have the smoothest prettiest legs even when I was overweight the first time around.when I gained the weight back that I had lost, cellulite decided to hitch a ride:( I remember being a club(still in denial about my weight gain) wearing shorts and I overheard some old drunk lady say to her friends that I shouldnt be wearing shorts and that my legs were ugly.I remember wanting to just leave and cry somewhere.I'm doing my squats and lunges but I was wondering if I'll ever get my pretty legs back or if cellulite is here to stay.does anybody have some success stories with that?

Replies

• bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Reducing the fat overall will help with that, but some women just store weight on their lower bodies, so it might come off last.

I don't have much cellulite now--resistance training and running and eating at a deficit did it.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i squat 135lbs. my cellulite is almost gone, when i lose more fat i think it will be 100% gone.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is nothing more than unevenly distributed fat. Lower body fat=reduce cellulite.

I used to have some pretty gross cellulite on the backs of my thighs and butt, but as I lost all my baby weight it slowly disappeared until one day I looked in the mirror and realized "hey! I haven't seen any dimples in over a month!" :)

Some women are more prone to getting it than others, but you CAN reduce it, and if you work hard enough and have the right genes in your favor, get rid of it entirely.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My legs used to be dimply and I had horrible chub rub. Obviously they're by no means perfect now, especially in the back, but there has been a significant reduction in my cellulite. There is certainly hope!
  • NicoleCastagneto
    Options
    I am working on that as well. Drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet along with exercises to tone up your legs and it should help!
  • oliviabog
    oliviabog Posts: 101
    Options
    I agree with above. My legs etc have improved greatly with running and circuit training. I've read that drinking plenty of water and eating well helps. It was a while back but an article mentioned food which contain lecithins (if that's how it's spelt). Some if the foods on the list were, apples, lettuce and eggs.

My memory is hazy on that. But yeah the running and overall weight loss is helping this for me.

Also read that exfoliation/ massage can help. Not sure how and i didn't keep it up long enough to find out :S
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Very few bodies are perfect. If only perfect people showed skin most people would be sweating their *kitten* off and never go to the beach. Forget about the drunk lady. A LOT of women have cellulite. It's not to obsess over or try to cover.

However, it will get better with weight loss and strength training.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Thank you. I was going to go look for that but didn't have the energy.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    When I was heavier, I didn't have the cellulite. Now that I have lost some weight, it has showed itself. Its not pretty but I will be DAMNED if I am going to hide my legs in shame . I figure the more fat I lose, the more cellulite I will lose, too. So hang in there and don't worry about what some ignorant beyotch thinks. ...I wouldn't. :)
  • MrsJ1105
    MrsJ1105 Posts: 34
    Options
    I sure hope so! I get so sad sometimes if I catch a glimpse of myself at certain angles.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I got rid of mine after a while of walking and doing odd things with my legs.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Keep at it with the squats- especially with heavy weights. I am pear shaped and I know I will never be completely rid of the cellulite, but mine has improved a TON since adding strength training.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My thighs are pretty dimply but for some weird reason my legs are super slim from the knee down.

I like to wear skirts because they're the only thin part of my body but they're not in proportion with the rest of my body and it hurts more to do cardio because my small legs are holding up my entire weight. I have to be pretty careful to avoid injuring myself.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    my legs are gorgeous. But with a certain angle, they look dimply. it's just how bodies are. I love my legs.
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've noticed my cellulite has reduced a lot with weight loss, but there's plenty left. I have hopes it'll come off someday, but if not, I'm a mom and while I don't wear mom jeans I don't wear my short shorts anymore. I like knee length things. Like a pp said my calves look good, thighs, I'm working on it.

Ugh, the chub rub, nice name. THAT I would like to go away. I've lost 3" in my thighs, and looks like I have more to go. Would love to wear a knee length skirt or dress without starting a fire (and getting a painful bleeding rash) between my legs.
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options

Thank you for this! Very interesting. It does make me feel slightly better. Though I do still have hopes of it decreasing as the pounds, inches and (hopefully) fat come off.

Edited to add: Scarlett Johansson is HOT
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I hate my legs.I havent worn shorts out in public in about two years, even if its scorching hot.I used to have the smoothest prettiest legs even when I was overweight the first time around.when I gained the weight back that I had lost, cellulite decided to hitch a ride:( I remember being a club(still in denial about my weight gain) wearing shorts and I overheard some old drunk lady say to her friends that I shouldnt be wearing shorts and that my legs were ugly.I remember wanting to just leave and cry somewhere.I'm doing my squats and lunges but I was wondering if I'll ever get my pretty legs back or if cellulite is here to stay.does anybody have some success stories with that?

IDK, about whether they will go away but I do know this...i'd rather be you with a cute smile and the dimply legs than the mean old drunk lady. Cause...mean. And old. And drunk. All in a club. Isn't there an age limit? Like forever 21 it's not forever and Ever and EVER 21!
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I may never get the legs of my past back but it is nice to know that some improvement is attainable. I will probably be blinding a few people out there with how white my legs are once I finally wear shorts lol.
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Lmao, it was so long ago and I think I said something to the effect of "shouldn't you be at bingo"lol.Her comment did get to me though.I know my clubbing days are over now, got a two year old that can't sleep without her mama :)