Is this a good time frame?

Options
I'm currently 230, 5'7.
I want to lose 20 lbs in the next 3 months, is that reasonable?

My ultimate goal is 50-60 lbs, however I'm giving myself time for that (2 years). I gained weight and my face started getting bigger this year, I want to get rid of that a little before I go back to school and I think 20 lbs will do the job.

Advice is well appreciated!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I lost 21lbs in my first three months

By month 9 I'd reached goal having lost 48lbs - now I'm around 52lbs down in my maintenance zone (month 12)

So I would say yes it's reasonable

But I'd also say don't get fixated on the calendar because weight loss isn't linear ... it goes quick, then slow, then slows, it might go up and down .. just keep doing the right things and you'll get there .. and most importantly, for me anyway, keep doing the right things with the eventual goal of how do I maintain this forever in mind .. because this isn't a short pathway to an eventual goal but a life-time of staying in your goal range and never having to do this again

no more yo-yo

amiright?
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It's a reasonable aspiration. Focus on the journey, not the goal.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    20 lbs in 3 months is certainly doable. I've seen many people do that. Work out a healthy nutritional plan at an appropriate calorie level. Also, start an exercise regime. You can make great progress if you're consistent.

If you need some help, let me know. I'm always happy to lend a hand.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    It's doable, but to be honest, I wouldn't put any kind of timeline on weight loss. That could set you up for disappointment if you don't make it. I'd make alternative goals, like this:

1) Run a 5K.
    2) Lift XX amount of weight.
    3) Fit into a favorite dress you haven't been able to in a while.