Drinking soda

Options
anyone having a tough time trying to stop drinking soda? I love my coke cola, especially in the morning it's like my coffee.

Replies

• Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I used to wake up to a coke with breakfast. But they are just empty calories so I cut them out. I've been slowly cutting back for years so when I finally cut them out completely it wasn't so bad. First week without them was hard but once you get past the withdrawals it's not that difficult. I think it becomes more of a habit than anything else. Just take them out of one meal and then the next....and then the next and you're done. Do it over a period of a few weeks and it won't bother you. I occasionally have a coke with a dinner if I'm out to eat at a nice restaurant but it's few a far between. See it as a treat instead of a daily fix.
  • meeralacey
    meeralacey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i'm a coke addict, regular coke not even diet. i have stopped for 10 days. the first 3 were pretty hard so what i would do was just have a few ounces instead of an entire can. once you started logging every day and realizing you can't eat because of your cokes it becomes much easier to "just say no" so in my first week of stopping coke and honestly making very few other dietary changes i lost 1.5 lbs that has motivated me so much! good luck fellow coke lover!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    You don't necessarily have to stop drinking soda. You can try to make it work into your calorie allotment for the day or switch to one of the diet sodas which are zero calorie.

Why do you want to stop drinking soda?
  • LashaMonique
    LashaMonique Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher so coffee and soda went hand & hand for me throughout my day. I would depend on soda to keep me moving throughout the day it was quite sad. I would say "I needed something with a kick" because really I did need something to get moving. It was hard I started off my limiting how much I had, or if I seen somebody drinking a soda I would ask for a small sip just to satisfy my craving. Try using detox water with different fruits as a replacement its fun & healthier for you. I haven't had soda in months now :) you can do it too.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    You don't necessarily have to stop drinking soda. You can try to make it work into your calorie allotment for the day or switch to one of the diet sodas which are zero calorie.

Why do you want to stop drinking soda?

This^

Lifestyle changes for me = all things in moderation. I drink one or 2 diet sodas everyday.

If you want to stop - try subbing a fizzy mineral water for awhile. Add in lemon or lime slices.

Ice tea (unsweetened) is my morning pick me up. Flavored tea bags: you can do your own thing.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher so coffee and soda went hand & hand for me throughout my day. I would depend on soda to keep me moving throughout the day it was quite sad. I would say "I needed something with a kick" because really I did need something to get moving. It was hard I started off my limiting how much I had, or if I seen somebody drinking a soda I would ask for a small sip just to satisfy my craving. Try using detox water with different fruits as a replacement its fun & healthier for you. I haven't had soda in months now :) you can do it too.

What exactly are you detoxing?
  • Jenkorp72
    Jenkorp72 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jen and I'm a Pepsiholic. That was me until April 25 of this year. I decided enough was enough of being out of shape and unhealthy. I looked up how to withdraw from it and most said just drink little bits here and there. But those who are addicted to caffeine know it's like telling a heroine addict to just do a little bit. There is no such thing. So I decided that when I woke up in the morning I would take some Tylenol to avoid the headache that I knew came from caffeine deprivation. After a week of taking Tylenol and no soda I was fine. I had also lost 6 lbs! Bonus!! It's been about five weeks and I have been great! I lost a lot of weight because I wasn't bloating myself up with it. It's nothing but empty calories with no nutritional value at all. I drank most of my calories when I started this journey for the first time a year ago. When I started again the Pepsi was the first to go. You can do it. Don't buy it, don't order it if when you go out just leave it alone. It's one of the more healthy things you can do for your body.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Jenkorp72 wrote: »
    But those who are addicted to caffeine know it's like telling a heroine addict to just do a little bit.

Please tell me you did not just compare heroin to caffeine. :lol: