Weekly weight loss

Options
I'm just starting (again) with 70 pounds to lose and I am a diabetic so I know I can't eat the number of carbs given to me by MFP, but I can't change that amount or can I? But, from being sedentary and eating like there is no tomorrow to starting here and will be taking water aerobics twice weekly, walking everyday, and one day lifting weights, and of course following the food plan, it says I can expect to lose .97 pounds per week. Does anyone believe that is correct. I thought for sure with all the new changes I am going to be making I would drop at least 2 pounds a week. Any info for me out there? I know it didn't come on overnight, and I should do it slow, but really - less than 1 pound per week....

Replies

• wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You can and you should change your macro targets in MFP. On a computer it is the easiest to change your settings. Got to "My Home" and then there is a "Goals" subtab. Then click on edit. If you haven't gone to a nutritionist yet, then please do or at least do some major research. You can also change how many lbs a week you lose, but 1 lb is plenty if you are accurate and while you are phasing out your carbs from your diet. Believe me, it will be a struggle to stop going over on your carbs and trying to not go over on your calories even with a 1 lb/week loss.

I'm prediabetic and it took about two weeks to stop craving carbs. Luckily, I never had a sweet tooth, but it was still hard to cut out my extra rice and bread. I have set my macros to be 30% carb (down from 35%), 35% fat (up from 30%), and 35% protein. Trying to really hit those protein numbers helps you to not go over on the carbs. Well balanced is the key to helping out with the blood sugar. Good luck! :smiley:
  • Lizrobin3108
    Lizrobin3108 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You can change your macro levels under the "Goals" tab.

Losing a little under a pound per week is awesome. That's nearly 4 pounds a month or near 50 pounds a year! You would be over half way done by this time next year. Weight loss isn't supposed to happen overnight. It's a lifestyle change.

It's possible to lose 2 pounds a week but it is hard to maintain that rate.