How much water are you guys drinking?

Options
Last time I was at the doctors office, my doctor told me to drink until you urine was as clear as water. One day I counted up how many ounces of water I drank and it was 186 ounces. Is that excessive? I don't even know if my urine was that clear. I just drink a cup every time I go to the bathroom. How much water do you guys drink?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I drink 4-5 litres normally.... More in summer
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Last time I was at the doctors office, my doctor told me to drink until you urine was as clear as water.
    Why is your urine cloudy?

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure; I generally mindlessly drink it throughout the day. Always try to make sure to get a few 16oz glasses in an evening, and usually I make several trips to our water bubbler at the office to fill up a 12oz cup throughout the day.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    2-3 gallons a day for me

29509743.png
  • AnnaBellQ14
    AnnaBellQ14 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I drink 4-5 litres normally.... More in summer

Good, I'm right in the ballpark then.
  • AnnaBellQ14
    Options
    Last time I was at the doctors office, my doctor told me to drink until you urine was as clear as water.
    Why is your urine cloudy?

My urine is not cloudy. We were talking about the slow pace of my weight loss, and one of the things she mentioned was drinking water. Then she demonstrated what color my urine should be. She turned on her faucet and said, drink until your urine is that color.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    2 litres. Might be low compared to others but it's good for me. I hated water and I never ever drank it until I started working out last year so managing to get 2 litres in is still quite an achievement!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots! Four or five 16.5 bottles a day at the very least.
  • jhard728
    jhard728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    108 ounces at work and then as needed at night. 8 am get to work and I immediately fill my 12 oz mason jar with water and chug it. I then refill the glass and drink it over the next two hours. repeat at 10 am, 12 noon, 2 pm and 4 pm but do not refill at 4. 9 12 oz glasses of water and it helps to get up from my desk and get a few extra steps in throughout the day. My doctor told me to aim to drink half of your body weight in water ounces per day.
  • electramp
    electramp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't count but I notice when I make sure to carry my water bottle I drink a lot more. Like today I bring it to exercise the bottle is soon emptied.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    About a gallon...a little more in the summer and a little less in the winter.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    About a liter, plus a couple-three coffees, maybe a diet soda or 2. Ever since an episode of syncope related to low sodium, my doctor told me to never drink until my urine was colorless.
  • Originalgrung
    Originalgrung Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    About 200 fluid oz, I work a desk job so it helps keep me feeling full, if I get hungry I drink water first.
  • AnnaBellQ14
    Options
    jhard728 wrote: »
    108 ounces at work and then as needed at night. 8 am get to work and I immediately fill my 12 oz mason jar with water and chug it. I then refill the glass and drink it over the next two hours. repeat at 10 am, 12 noon, 2 pm and 4 pm but do not refill at 4. 9 12 oz glasses of water and it helps to get up from my desk and get a few extra steps in throughout the day. My doctor told me to aim to drink half of your body weight in water ounces per day.

That's what I heard before too. That would be about 93 ounces for me. The mug I drink from is 14 ounces if I fill it right up. I usually chug it too. I don't like sipping water, that way it's done. Then when I drink my protein powder, I have a 20 ounce cup that I use. Started filling that up too, instead of just half way as before.
  • RBillard
    RBillard Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    i drink about 10 cups a day of water, and then another 6 cups of green tea. So that's about 16 cups (4 Litres or 1 Gallon) altogether.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I drink 3-4L a day. I drink when I'm thirsty, plus it beats mindless eating.
    8414092_f520.jpg
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I carry a 500ml (16oz I think?) bottle of water everywhere with me, and tend to refill it 4-6 times throughout the day depending on what I'm doing.
    Not to mention all the coffee I drink too... o:)
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    8414092_f520.jpg

Although .. color is not always an accurate indicator .. you can be well-hydrated, take a megadose of a water-soluble vitamin and be urinating in the 5-6 range ..
  • AnnaBellQ14
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    8414092_f520.jpg

Although .. color is not always an accurate indicator .. you can be well-hydrated, take a megadose of a water-soluble vitamin and be urinating in the 5-6 range ..

I also noticed that after I take my vitamin the urine strangely turns to a different color for a while.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I try to aim for 64 oz a day.