Getting married in less than two months!

Options
13»

Replies

• Caroline150xoxo
    Caroline150xoxo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey madridmath,

2 months isn't long but definitely long enough to see some positive results!

First tip! Forget the sit ups. If your goal is to lose weight sit ups will do nothing for that. You cannot target fat loss so you would be better spending that time on something that will get you closer to your goals!

Second Tip! Focus on cardio, start with walking if you are not used to exercising and maybe progress to jogging/cycling. If you find it hard to stay motivated attend a class (such as spinning?)! These are a great way to push yourself hard in a fun environment.

Third Tip! Weights! If you are a member of a gym ask an instructor to show you around some of the machines and how to use them. Weights are really underutilized by women and are an amazing way to lose weight and get seriously TONED!!

Fourth Tip (MOST IMPORTANT!!)! Eat right! This doesn't mean starving yourself! Your main aim is to keep your calories below the amount you burn each day. Use MFP to calculate this and track what you eat. To make things a lot easier I would follow a set eating pattern that maximises good quality food for relatively few calories. This will make you feel like you are eating a lot more than you actually are. I personally use a Paleo diet. I love the way it allows me to eat amazing food, I'm always full and find it very easy to keep my calories low! I also really believe that it makes me feel healthier and more positive! I even made a blog where I review some of my favorite recipe books! You can check it out here. I would highly recommend Paleo!!

Anyways best of luck!!

xx
  • madridmath
    madridmath Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey madridmath,

First tip! Forget the sit ups. If your goal is to lose weight sit ups will do nothing for that. You cannot target fat loss so you would be better spending that time on something that will get you closer to your goals!

Second Tip! Focus on cardio, start with walking if you are not used to exercising and maybe progress to jogging/cycling. If you find it hard to stay motivated attend a class (such as spinning?)! These are a great way to push yourself hard in a fun environment.

Third Tip! Weights! If you are a member of a gym ask an instructor to show you around some of the machines and how to use them. Weights are really underutilized by women and are an amazing way to lose weight and get seriously TONED!!

Fourth Tip (MOST IMPORTANT!!)! Eat right! This doesn't mean starving yourself! Your main aim is to keep your calories below the amount you burn each day. Use MFP to calculate this and track what you eat. To make things a lot easier I would follow a set eating pattern that maximises good quality food for relatively few calories. This will make you feel like you are eating a lot more than you actually are. I personally use a Paleo diet. I love the way it allows me to eat amazing food, I'm always full and find it very easy to keep my calories low! I also really believe that it makes me feel healthier and more positive! I even made a blog where I review some of my favorite recipe books! You can check it out here. I would highly recommend Paleo!!

Anyways best of luck!!

xx
    I keep hearing about Paleo, but haven't looked into it yet. Does it include a plan for vegetarians? Thank you for your advice! I'm going to try it all. I'm like sponge right now, soaking all the info in.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    madridmath wrote: »
    Hey madridmath,

Anyways best of luck!!

xx
    I keep hearing about Paleo, but haven't looked into it yet. Does it include a plan for vegetarians? Thank you for your advice! I'm going to try it all. I'm like sponge right now, soaking all the info in.

lol there's no need to restrict yourself to something like a paleo diet...the only thing that affects weight loss is CICO (calories in, calories out).

set your stats in MFP and set it to lose 0.5-1.0 lbs per week. follow it and win.

skip the heavy cardio and hit the weights hard.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Two months is enough time for you to lose at least 2 stone, so get to work now!

:huh: 28lbs in 8 weeks?! not really...
  • madridmath
    Options
    Two months is enough time for you to lose at least 2 stone, so get to work now!

:huh: 28lbs in 8 weeks?! not really...
    Maybe not, but wouldn't it be awesome if it were just 20lbs? Funny emoji.
  • madridmath
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    Hey madridmath,

Anyways best of luck!!

xx

lol there's no need to restrict yourself to something like a paleo diet...the only thing that affects weight loss is CICO (calories in, calories out).

set your stats in MFP and set it to lose 0.5-1.0 lbs per week. follow it and win.

Guess I can't do this without visiting the gym since I have no weights. I'm mustering up the courage to go... tomorrow. ;) No really, I have my tote n tennis at the door. Can't go today because we have appt with the priest. But I did beachbody fat blaster workout this morning! Can I get a hell ya!?
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    Hey madridmath,

Anyways best of luck!!

xx

Guess I can't do this without visiting the gym since I have no weights. I'm mustering up the courage to go... tomorrow. ;) No really, I have my tote n tennis at the door. Can't go today because we have appt with the priest. But I did beachbody fat blaster workout this morning! Can I get a hell ya!?

do it to it, you'll be all over it once you get started. don't be intimidated by the experienced-looking lifters, they're usually helpful as long as you are trying.
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    {Draznyth Wrote}

{End of Quote}

I agree 100%. I've been CICO for 5 years and I've lost poundage eating foods that are Carb Heavy, Fat Heavy, Sugar laden, etc. The main point is the Calorie Counting. Some MFP'ers also focus on the Macros (Like IIFYM) and I either lost solely on CICO, or accidentally hit my Macros without trying. I credit CICO.

The main success point is to be consistent. When I'm consistent, I lose the weight. When I get off-track, I gain it. It's that simple for me. When I get off track, I tag a couple of great MFP'ers (Kudos to Draznyth) who help to reset my focus.

I hit Goal on 8/21/2014 and it shocks people that I did it eating Whoppers, Popeye's Chicken, and DQ Sundaes ever so often. It's not a DIEt, it's a new lifestyle.