Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Does banana milkshake really makes you fat?

2»

Replies

• srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Jaxxie1181 wrote: »
    Bananas and milk together are not bad, so long as you have the calories to spare. What can make it less than healthy is if you load it up with refined sugar, but that still wouldn't make you "fat" if you had the spare calories.

There it is... The magic words that will devolve this thread into a "is sugarz ebil" debate before page 2.

Someone pass the popcorn.

And just to reiterate, OP: No, banana milkshakes will not make you fat, so long as you are meeting your calorie and macro goals.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    karla24687 wrote: »
    You can make it make you fat, if you add ice cream, peanut butter, whole milk, etc. I have heard of those kinds of recipes for people who are TRYING to gain weight. A banana + milk will not make you fat, no.
    I eat lots of ice cream and bananas every day. I also eat peanut butter like there is no tomorrow, it DOES NOT make you fat. It certainly can help add calories to one's diet, but no food makes you fat just by consuming it.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    So I have heard, is it true? because i love both banana and milk. I know everything in excess is no good. But taking banana and milk separately doesnt make you fat but taking them together does? I mean really?

If you go into goals and then click the "guided" tab, you should see what MFP believes your maintenance calories to be. Stay below that level and you can have all the bananas and milk you want without fear of gaining. Food combining has no effect on weight. 100 calories of banana + 100 calories of milk=200, no matter when they are consumed.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    edited May 2015
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    karla24687 wrote: »
    You can make it make you fat, if you add ice cream, peanut butter, whole milk, etc. I have heard of those kinds of recipes for people who are TRYING to gain weight. A banana + milk will not make you fat, no.

Lol...I've also heard of adding steaks and A1 sauce with a big loaded baked potato for gaining weight too. But anything in a calorie surplus will make you gain weight so...
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Is Ronald Mcdonald really on MFP?

Dear Ronald consume too many calories of anything and you will get fat. Consume less than you need to maintain whatever it is made up of and you will lose.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Call it a banana smoothie and you will be fine
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    rsclause wrote: »
    Not if you don't drink it! I would try unsweet almond milk and see if you like it.
    Mixed with banana!