Here is a story

Options
kazhomuhsin
kazhomuhsin Posts: 12 Member
hello reader,

Here is my story to you and I hope it will help you get through whatever you are facing now.

About 8 months ago I started a diet. Before the diet I weighted 84 kilos and I'm 170 cm. my whole life I struggled with body image issues not loving my body. I have had a successful life when it comes to work and relationships. However, I was always insecure. If someone complimented me over my work or an attribute I would say but I'm fat; as being fat was a crime or a mistake.

Then, as I said, I started a diet. A diet I created based on my body response to different types of food. It took me 6 months to reach 59 kilos; yes 59 kilos, a weight that was a dream. But then I started having health issues because of the restrictness of the diet. So I stopped the diet and in a matter of two weeks I went into 62 kilos. This made me extremely depressed so I decided to make a decision that I have avoided my whole life, I joined a gym.

It has been two months now, I now weight 64 kilos. To be honest, I still have issues with my body image, I know I have achieved impossible ( for me) and I did get the body that I wanted, but when I look in the mirror I don't see the change. Sometimes I still feel I'm the girl I was 8 months ago. At the beginning of gym I weighted in everyday. That made me extremely tired mentally and physically.

Slowly, I stopped weighting in daily. What I have learned in the past few weeks is to not let the scale control me. I'm realizing to love myself and accept myself. I'm learning to appreciate my body and what it has been through, I'm learning to measure myself through my happy moments and smiles instead of pounds. I finally learned that my value is not only my weight and my look, it is myself as a human with emotions and ideas.

So, if you are out there struggling, know the battle is harder mentally than physically, so control your mind and be in peace with yourself. You are worthy of your love

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!