Saving Recipes

Options
happylass14
happylass14 Posts: 1 Member
Hi. Anyone else have issues when saving recipes? It always says that it's unable to save it after I've gone to the trouble of entering all the ingredients. Sometimes the recipe will then be there under my saved recipes the next time I log in. Other times it just disappears. Very annoying as it literally happens EVERY time I try to log a recipe. Thanks.

Replies

• Shusaka
    Shusaka Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yep, the recipe builder has been buggy for years. It's frustrating as hell! I don't know why they won't sort the problems out :(
  • Propelling
    Propelling Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked this is still a problem in 2022. Literally not going to use MyFitnessPal because of this frustrating bug.
  • Psartor11
    Psartor11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm having a problem trying to understand which food to choose when I can't see the ingredients, only various nutrition numbers. Example venison vegetable soup - there are dozens with no hint of what went into them. I would choose one if I could tell it was somewhat close to my ingredients. Still trying to learn how to navigate the site.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I just don't use it. If I want to have a collection of ingredients, I collect it into a "meal." That seems to work fine.

I recognize that the recipe builder would be useful for certain cases, like a custom recipe. It seems pretty silly to have a meal with small amounts of flour, sugar, butter, and eggs in it.
  • stefsamaniego
    stefsamaniego Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is sad that this is still an issue. Recipes are huge. I would about 40% of my recipes won't save for some unknown reason
  • mattinflagstaff
    mattinflagstaff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm writing to echo previous sentiments and concerns. I continue to be unable to save recipes using the website, even after trying to follow the workarounds. This seems to be the system's Achilles heel.
  • phillygal87
    phillygal87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Argh! Frustrating me too! I started importing recipes instead of building them.
  • mtettero
    mtettero Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 6
    Options
    I use an app called Paprika 3. It's the best recipe saving app around. If I find an interesting recipe online, I can paste the URL into the app and it downloads just the ingredients and the directions. You can also have different categories, for instance you might want to save a recipe to Low-carb and then you might want to save a recipe to vegetarian. I highly recommend this app
    And I just realized you meant saving recipes to fitness pal, anyway it's a good app :)