blood pressure ??

Options
My blood pressure is always pretty low. Usually about 110/80 -ish. I've taken my blood pressure (because I was feeling weird, light headed) and my BP is very low even for me. Today it was 106/69.

What gives? Should I eat a salted banana? :wink:

Is this normal when you've never had high BP in the first place?

Replies

• jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That is not an excessively low blood pressure, and as long as you are not getting dizzy you should be fine. (high blood pressure sufferer since age 31 speaking) I would definitely NOT eat salt to try and raise it! If you are concerned, call your doctor.

Oops just re read your post... CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You are still in a normal BP limit. If your top number (systolic) falls below 90 and your bottom number (diastolic) falls below 60 that is low.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure is always pretty low. Usually about 110/80 -ish. I've taken my blood pressure (because I was feeling weird, light headed) and my BP is very low even for me. Today it was 106/69.

What gives? Should I eat a salted banana? :wink:

Is this normal when you've never had high BP in the first place?
    106/69 would be high for me for a resting rate. i've never had any health problems from it and my doc isn't concerned, but it doesn't hurt to get it checked out.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure averages about 90/59...pretty low, but still considered normal. (When I was obese, it was regularly 110/70)

My resting heart rate is 45 BPM - also low (when I was obese it was regularly 70 BPM) - and I get it up to about 180 when running.

I had some dizzy spells recently and doc thought maybe due to low blood pressure - he advised I add salt to my diet to raise it a bit. lol

Turns out the dizzy spells are from some inner ear issue.

So, I figure my low blood pressure and low resting heart rate are just signs of how much fitter I have become.
  • trentwiggly
    trentwiggly Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your answers. I'm keeping an eye on this.