Just wanna be happy and healthy!

Options
I don't want to starve myself or obsess about gaining/ losing a pound. But I want to like my body and be healthy. I love food and wine. But my problem is that I am not physically active as I should be. I want to change my lifestyle which I can obtain the rest of my life, NOT a short term, temporary fix. Any suggestion, tip for me anyone?

Replies

• superbeverly1
    superbeverly1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Start by scripting your month
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I just try to walk more. Take steps instead of escalators. And play actively with my kids when possible. Examples: today my car was in the shop so I walked four miles round trip to drop something off at my son's school. Went to the movies last week and took the stairs instead of the escalator. When my 13 year old son wants me to play Frisbee, I say yes! Small changes make big change.
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I too love food and wine. I have also learned to love MFP and running. I have been on MFP for almost 2 years. I have been in maintenance for a year and a half. I've never sacrificed my wine - I just make sure it fits into my calories for the day. If I want a little more calories than the day will allow, I just exercise more that day. I do probably have one or two straight up cheat days a month. It has become a way of life. MFP is a great guideline for staying on track. Good luck!
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Even 12 - 15 minutes a day for a walk is a lot better than nothing. Once you get used to the movement routine you can mount up. It is very important to make time for exercise every day.
  • land8234
    land8234 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I got myself a Fitbit and I find that really helps me to be more conscious about my activity. A small investment to make to get my butt off the couch!

Last night my daughter had a softball game and had to be there 1/2 hour early, so I dropped her off and went for a walk until the game started. I got my daily number of steps in!!