Working out can be hard but that is a good thing

Options
mikegl1
mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
Sure working out can be hard but I find it is great motivation to not eat that bag of chips or 10 cookies. When I see that 300 calories burned on the gym equipment and then read that my two cookies was 330 calories I can then not eat two cookies or have a different type that is maybe 50 calories but not that rich 160 calorie for each cookie, cookie. THAT, to me, is why working out is GREAT that is it hard to do. Backwards logic but works for me :smiley:

Replies

• laurasw7
    laurasw7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having a similar experience. Not as much with counting the calories, but starting to work out has changed my perception of my body. I value it more, so when I see that delicious cookie, it doesn't tempt me as much because I want to give my body better food than that. Well at least that's how the first week has gone, hopefully I can keep that up!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I really noticed this when I was first working out on the elliptical and was working so hard and it would say how many calories I burned and it was like the equivalent of a light snack and I was like are you kidding me. so, it seems when I do work out, I eat much healthier and am so much better on my calories now.
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It is funny that I wrote this as I ate one of the worst meals today, panda express orange chicken. BUT the upside is that I ate only half of the rice and only the orange chicken versus the two items I always seem to order, and eat all of. Even with that junk I have 776 calories left for dinner.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If i dont work hard then i feel im not having a good workout. It can be very hard work, but the reward is in progress and knowing you are getting stronger faster fitter. Beating times and weights you couldnt manage a few months before gives me a buzz.

One of the most importnat things exercise has taught me is just how much you have to do to burn off calories, which makes me more mindful of consuming.