The mental struggle!

Options
After what seems my whole life trying to lose weight and being on a constant diet I've taken it too far this time and have been unhealthily underweight for a while now. I know that I need to gain weight, for my physical health but also my happiness! I just mentally am scared of watching the scales go up! Of eating more than the usual 'recommended' GDA's!
Just wondering if anyone has had the similar problems and recommendations as to how to go about getting over the issue! Thank you:)

Replies

• tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with the exact same thing :)
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    the struggle is real
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Post your stats here, add me up as a friend! We can see how to motivate each other!
    5"2, 46.6kg
    Goal: 48kg

Not far, but I've been trying for a month now... Not gaining .....
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Post your stats here, add me up as a friend! We can see how to motivate each other!
    5"2, 46.6kg
    Goal: 48kg

Not far, but I've been trying for a month now... Not gaining .....

Eat more.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    bulking is a Mind F for sure. A year ago I started to do one and then chickened out about a month in …finally last fall I ran my first one and put on ten pounds, and while some if it was fat I loved the results and how my lifts felt in the gym. I also found out that the fat came off faster when I ran my cut. Right now I have dropped about ten pounds and am almost back to my pre bulk weight..I am about to transition to .5 pound a week loss and then bulk again in september…

you just need to enjoy eating the extra foods and push through …the results will speak for themselves...
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    bulking is a Mind F for sure. A year ago I started to do one and then chickened out about a month in …finally last fall I ran my first one and put on ten pounds, and while some if it was fat I loved the results and how my lifts felt in the gym. I also found out that the fat came off faster when I ran my cut. Right now I have dropped about ten pounds and am almost back to my pre bulk weight..I am about to transition to .5 pound a week loss and then bulk again in september…

you just need to enjoy eating the extra foods and push through …the results will speak for themselves...

This. I had a couple false starts but now I'm doing well and loving the results. Go slow and lift and you be happy.
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It will definitely be good if we can help each other mentally!!
  • katiedavis345
    katiedavis345 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

This. I had a couple false starts but now I'm doing well and loving the results. Go slow and lift and you be happy.

Thank you, it's learning to trust the process which is a struggle! Slow and steady is necessary I think, too quickly and I'll freak out!