FitBit not sync'ing or going to Dashboard

Options
rosebette
rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
I've been trying to sync my fitbit, and instead of going to the dashboard, it just goes to the website where it sells the products. Then, it's not letting me log in. Anyone else having issues today?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My tiles on my dashboard aren't fully loading (at least they haven't been since I got back from the Zoo this afternoon).
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    I've been trying to sync my fitbit, and instead of going to the dashboard, it just goes to the website where it sells the products. Then, it's not letting me log in. Anyone else having issues today?

There's a known bug that you can't connect your accounts via the MFP apps. Use the Apps tab on the website, or go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit
  • brockbennett1981
    brockbennett1981 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »

Can u answer my post i put up about monitors please
  • DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    When it come to FitBit, whether it is their dashboard, app or product. I spend far more time swearing at them than swearing by them. My 4th, yes you read that right, is being shipped out to me. To replace the 3rd one I've had and all three have the same exact problems. All of their tracking is off by a minimum of 40%. Some tracking has as high as 70% tracking error.

FitBit sucks the southbound end of a northbound Mule!!! Wish I could get a refund, I'm stuck returning them to hopefully get one that works as advertised. Rumors are they must be out there as some people seem to like theirs. Either that or they just have extremely low standards as to what qualifies as acceptable.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    DesertGunR wrote: »
    All of their tracking is off by a minimum of 40%. Some tracking has as high as 70% tracking error.

FitBit sucks the southbound end of a northbound Mule!!! Wish I could get a refund, I'm stuck returning them to hopefully get one that works as advertised. Rumors are they must be out there as some people seem to like theirs. Either that or they just have extremely low standards as to what qualifies as acceptable.

I lost the weight and have maintained for ten months—so my Fitbit burn is 100% accurate. I can't vouch for the step count, as I've never bothered to verify it.

I used to shower with my Flex, so it failed a lot and was replaced. And I have to say that Fitbit customer service was always great.

I'm sorry you've had so many problems. I'm pretty active on the Fitbit Users group, and I've never heard of anyone having problems with multiple Fitbits: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    My tiles on my dashboard aren't fully loading (at least they haven't been since I got back from the Zoo this afternoon).
    The error wasn't happening at the MFP level, but at the FitBit dashboard level. I was seeing what the above person noticed earlier in the day.

As far as accuracy, I'd say it's quite accurate. The first couple of days I owned one, I was also wearing a pedometer, and they were within a few steps of each other. I walk a basic 1 1/2 mile route every day, and it clocks the mileage almost exactly. The HR seems to be pretty good, too. I did a kickboxing class yesterday, and I was in the 128-135 range, which is my high end. A walk takes me to around 100. My issues have been with sync'ing with the computer and MFP.