heart rate monitor's

Options
2»

Replies

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    aldi do their own brand (crane) multisport gps watch with hrm ,currently on clearance at £50, in uk.
    works fine ,so far.
    less than half the price of nearest equiv which was tom tom multisport hrm at £130.
  • Madame_Goldbrick
    Madame_Goldbrick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar FT4 so pretty bog standard basic. But it's fine for my current needs; swimming, running, spinning. It also syncs with the machines at my gym.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a sports watch that has the following features:
    • Chest-strap style heart rate monitor
    • Syncs with myFitnessPal via bluetooth to the phone

I've grown fond of my Polar FT7 (and some other models) but it doesn't have an autonomous syncing functionality.
    you can buy the separate base for the FT7 so it will sync to your pc and I think your phone(not sure on the phone though). http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Flowlink/dp/B004QOW1IU
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    Just a couple of thoughts..... the 3 polar HR watches I have purchased - the chest strap battery could be replaced easily. The watch must be shipped back to the manufacturer at a cost of $40. The timex HR watch/strap the battery in both can be easily replaced. However the mechanical part of the strap snaps into the actual band. The watch arrived from amazon & the snaps simply did NOT line up with the mechanical piece. Also - look at the watch strap - most can not be replaced.
    I have an FT7 and I can change the battery myself on the watch. it has where you can take the battery cover off to replace the battery