Has anyone here tattooed over their stretch marks? Was is successful?

Options
I joined MFP a few days ago and I'm very happy with this community and the amount of support here, so just wanted to say thank you!

To my problem: I'm having a hard time accepting all of my stretch marks. I think it bothers me so much because there's no *cure* for them. I wouldn't mind if I had a few, but I have them literally all over my body. I would probably be mistaken for a zebra.

On top of being morbidly obese, I knew something else was wrong with my body. I was diagnosed with Cushing's syndrome about a week before I started my weight loss journey. I'm still trying to understand the syndrome and accept the changes within my body. Maybe some of you know about it. I was very upset.

One of the symptoms associated with that syndrome is horrible stretch marks, which I have. My marks are very big and deep and like I said, they cover honestly about 50% of my body.

I was wondering if anyone here has ever successfully tattooed over their stretch marks and if that method worked. I have heard mixed opinions about it. Some say it works some have said stretch marks do not take ink and or/ won't cover the stretch marks well.

Anyone have experience with this? I don't want to cover my body with tattoos, but I was thinking of getting a couple to cover the really bad ones I have. Thank you again! :smiley:

Replies

• Brittany_Richards1
    Brittany_Richards1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't know how to add to my post so I will just reply. I forgot to add I will wait until I'm at my goal weight and also wait until all my stretch marks are healed and have turned white before any tattoos.
  • herculean1982
    herculean1982 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my arms and one of my tattoos does go over them. It doesn't hide them really, the texture is still perfectly visible but obviously the colour of the mark is not. Tattooing over them is a bit harder than normal, the definition is a little murkier than non-marked areas.