Best tasting protein powders

Options
Tribbey143
Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
just bought milk shake bar cup cake batter protein powder low sugar & carbs and I blend it w/ my coffee and really like that!!

What flavors do you like and what brand? I keep buying different ones I'd like to know what others have found and enjoy! Thanks for your input!

Replies

• kimbers74
    kimbers74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. Like yourself have tried a few.
    Musashi - Bulk Mass Gain Vanilla - ok. Choc in the same brand - ok.
    Vital Strength - Professional Muscle Advanced Mass Protein Vanilla - nice.
    Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Probiotic Series Elite Protein in Banana - yum.
    Dymatize Nutrition ISO100 Vanilla, Banana & Choc - yum. Mixed Berries version -too sweet.
    I am currently using Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex Gainer , Vanilla & Banana yummy!!! Just starting the chocolate -which may be come my hot chocolate fix iykwim. I get mine from a Supplement store, with really helpful & informative staff.
  • kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    usually buy cellucor but cant beat the flavors MTS makes......omg
  • xxoliviarobertsxx
    xxoliviarobertsxx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My Protein - Impact Whey protein in cinnamon danish is amazing!
    Also, My Protein - Impact Whey protein in pineapple with coconut water blended with ice tastes like a piña colada.
    They have millions of flavours I'm yet to try eg. white chocolate, salted caramel and its really cheap from there website also :)
  • madcat444
    madcat444 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My Protein - Impact Whey protein in cinnamon danish is amazing!
    Also, My Protein - Impact Whey protein in pineapple with coconut water blended with ice tastes like a piña colada.
    They have millions of flavours I'm yet to try eg. white chocolate, salted caramel and its really cheap from there website also :)

I've got the diet banana one from My Protein and find it really watery even adding much less than suggested. Maybe the regular stuff is better :smile:

I'm a fan of PhD protein powders....currently have Vanilla Creme, Belgian Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut and Strawberry Deluxe......all are great and amazing when making pancakes - currently addicted! :smiley:
  • ap0290893
    ap0290893 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought Vcore at complete nutrition it taste good but my favorite is the cappuccino flavor from gold standard
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I like ca.bodybuilding.com/store/muscletech/essential-series-platinum-100-iso-zero.html in vanilla. It's not cheap, but it has a very nice, rich vanilla taste without any aftertaste of artificial sweetener (it doesn't have any artificial sweetener - it's Stevia instead, but you don't get a Stevia taste either). Moreover, it's not too sweet like all the others I had tried, so I can make a shake with a banana, 20g of protein powder, an ice cube and some almond milk and it's delicious (instead of cloyingly sweet). My father likes the same powder, he puts it in milk or on his oatmeal too.
  • scarlinger2
    scarlinger2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vega vanilla protein & greens is by far my favourite. It's got 20g of all natural protein from various plant-based sources, aswell as 2 portions of greens, in every scoop. AAaand as doubtful as this mix sounds, it tasted unbelievably good and very vanilla-y and it blends well into soo many different foods!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm a real fan of PHD chocolate peanut.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    You will likely never find a protein powder that will beat XF Ultra Peptide 2.0 in terms of flavor and texture when mixed in either milk or water.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I really like the Cellucor proteins. The mint chocolate chip tastes like melted ice cream even when mixed with water. I'm using the molten chocolate right now. Their peanut butter is very good as well.
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    madcat444 wrote: »
    I'm a fan of PhD protein powders....currently have Vanilla Creme, Belgian Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut and Strawberry Deluxe......all are great and amazing when making pancakes - currently addicted! :smiley:

I'm a PhD addict too!
    Cherry bakewell flavour is AMAzing for post-workout shakes and I made my first ever protein crepes with Chocolate Orange flavour this morning - I feel a new addiction coming on. On top of chocolate orange peanut butter balls. :)
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    i like phase 8 milk chocolate and most the cellucor: peanut butter one and the molten chocolate i just finished.
  • madcat444
    madcat444 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    On top of chocolate orange peanut butter balls. :)
    [/quote]

I'm definitely addicted to pancakes.... I love them. Working away this week and in Italy in holiday the following week so will miss them big time :-1:

Peanut butter balls? Do tell! :smiley:
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I prefer Quest's protein powders - mainly their Vanilla Milkshake flavor! But I've found that when you are stuck with a bad tasting powder, you can really enhance its flavor depending on which milk you blend it with! Quest tastes great with milk or even just water, but if you're looking to use up bad powder you could always try flavored soymilk or coconut water (you'd never guess coconut water, but something in the stuff makes protein smoothies irresistible)!
    My brother uses MusclePharm's Combat powders, and I like those too, but they contain more ingredients than Quest (some which I'm not a huge fan of), so therefore I didn't recommend that one first!
  • oneseventyfive
    oneseventyfive Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used Isopure Zero carb, my favorite is alpine punch