FitBit Calories In vs Calories Out

Options
Fitbit Calories in vs Out... it's always 'over' for me. Which is driving me nuts and totally discouraging! I don't go over my daily calories, if I do it's by very, very little. I don't eat back exercise cals. I eat 1600 calories daily, regardless of what I burn. Sometimes I don't even get up to 1600.

I burn about 160 cals during strength training (I realize that's not an accurate representation) and at least 300 when I run (per HRM). (I do each 3x per week on alternating days)

My TDEE (according to fitbit) is right at 2000 cals 90% of the time (except for a couple days this week where I was sick and didn't do much and then it was around 1800). The TDEE I calculated online (Scooby's) is somewhere around 2200-2300. So it's really discouraging to see my Fitbit Dashboard tell me I'm over on calories in, with a big red graph, as well as to see my TDEE so low!

I've only been using it for about a week, so I'm just curious if other people have experienced something similar. Do I trust the fitbit? I know it's just an estimate, but then so is the online calculator. Am I actually overeating? And to think I've been working on getting 1600 calories in when apparently I should be eating even less.

Ugh, just when I think I'm doing things right, I see all of those red "over!" signs from this week and I don't know what to think.

Replies

• southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I think I've figured out the answer to my own question... if any mods see this, it can be deleted. Thanks!
  • dorkallie
    dorkallie Posts: 3
    Options
    Fitbit Calories in vs Out... it's always 'over' for me. Which is driving me nuts and totally discouraging! I don't go over my daily calories, if I do it's by very, very little. I don't eat back exercise cals. I eat 1600 calories daily, regardless of what I burn. Sometimes I don't even get up to 1600.

I burn about 160 cals during strength training (I realize that's not an accurate representation) and at least 300 when I run (per HRM). (I do each 3x per week on alternating days)

My TDEE (according to fitbit) is right at 2000 cals 90% of the time (except for a couple days this week where I was sick and didn't do much and then it was around 1800). The TDEE I calculated online (Scooby's) is somewhere around 2200-2300. So it's really discouraging to see my Fitbit Dashboard tell me I'm over on calories in, with a big red graph, as well as to see my TDEE so low!

I've only been using it for about a week, so I'm just curious if other people have experienced something similar. Do I trust the fitbit? I know it's just an estimate, but then so is the online calculator. Am I actually overeating? And to think I've been working on getting 1600 calories in when apparently I should be eating even less.

Ugh, just when I think I'm doing things right, I see all of those red "over!" signs from this week and I don't know what to think.

this one
    Thanks