Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

One of my best fitness achievements yet, for this 54 year old.

californiagirl2012
californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
edited May 2015 in Success Stories
When I first lost 85 pounds about 5 years ago I was wasn't working in the industry, just online helping people, including here on MFP... I won a little transformation contest and it was fun.

I've been around and helping others 1150 days now, as of today (actually longer but I didn't know about the "streak" in the beginning):

image.jpg1_zpsyjiosvm0.jpg

A couple of years ago I started working as a coach and author for the company I won the transformation contest for. That company has really grown, but I still just do a little contract work for them.

Then last year I started working for a glamourous international magazine in San Francisco as a fitness consultant. Mostly it means I get to do fun photo shoots and videos and get in a few fitness features.

Then I got a trophy in my first ever (and probably only ever) figure competition at Sacramento Pro Show (still last year).

Then my best fitness accomplishment was just a few weeks ago. Thousands and thousands of athletes all over the USA vie for these positions and I just got one of the positons. It's about more than being an athlete, it's about how you can help others achieve their goals more than achieving your own, but you also have to achieve your own and show you walk the talk, day to day.

image.jpg2_zpsp3wyzib1.jpg

Who ever would have thought a frumpy looking obese 48 year old could ever go on to achieve this and start a whole new career?

This one can. This girl can.

I'm so happy I can hardly stand it. Even though it mainly means more fun photo shoots, videos, and training. Mainly it's about pursuing my passion and helping others - that's living my dream.

I'm 54 and living my dream. And I'm really nothing special. Anyone can do it. Anyone around here who keeps up what they are doing can achive thier goal. Just keep up the day to day little steps, nothing drastic or fancy or dramatic. In the end the results seem dramatic, but it's the gritty day to day steps that get you there.

Roberta

Replies

• hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    "This girl can!"
  • simone7189
    simone7189 Posts: 12 Member
    Awesome story and congratulations! ! Thank you for sharing!
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story! Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration.
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Nor too far behind you in years. Your definitely great motivation on what can be achieved. Congrats
  • susiemeri
    susiemeri Posts: 38 Member
    Huge congrats from another 48 year old! This just made my weekend.
  • cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Roberta - you are a great inspiration to all - but especially for us in the 50+ club!
  • californiagirl2012
    "This girl can!"

<3B)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I love hearing from someone in my age bracket kicking butt like this. So inspiring.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    OMG-that's what I am right now-a frumpy looking obese 48 year old !!!! Thanks for sharing-I really needed that!!!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Congrats on your success-you look so good!!! Better than most people half your age!!! Your work of inspiring people is working-keep it up!!! :)
  • californiagirl2012
    smkondy wrote: »
    OMG-that's what I am right now-a frumpy looking obese 48 year old !!!! Thanks for sharing-I really needed that!!!

We all need inspiration sometimes! <3
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Great success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!