Creamy Peanut Butter "Pie"

Options
MaiLinna
MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
I'm one of those people who can't go to bed without a spoonful of peanut butter every night, or eat bananas or apples without peanut butter. I LOVE the stuff. Welp, I was just experimenting in the kitchen and stumbled upon this awesome concoction. (Thank you based Aunt Flo and your cravings!)

So here we go.

2 tbs creamy peanut butter
3 tbs milk (I used almond milk)
1 tbs French Vanilla syrup for coffee (Torani)
1 banana

Microwave the peanut butter in a mug for 30 seconds. Peel then mush up your banana on a plate. Try to cover the plate. Put the milk and syrup in, stir it real, real good, then pour it all over the banana!!!

Yes, that was too much peanut butter. Yes, it'll make a good drizzle recipe.

So if you're actually watching your calories (I was accidentally way under today because I didn't really want food until 19:00. Weird.) then you need to cut the peanut butter cream in half.

My pie tonight:
340 calories
16 grams of fat
29 grams of sugar
8 grams of protein
5 grams of fiber

YOUR "pie" will vary depending on how much cream you use, what kind of milk, and what kind of syrup you use. I know it's not groundbreaking or new, but man that coffee syrup really made a difference!

Replies

• rnr124
    rnr124 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that someone else needs their peanut butter fix ever night. Mine consists of 2 tbs in a spoon right out of the container.
  • MaiLinna
    Options
    rnr124 wrote: »
    I'm glad that someone else needs their peanut butter fix ever night. Mine consists of 2 tbs in a spoon right out of the container.

Just one for me if I go the raw route. With a cup of chamomile peppermint tea. Mmm...
  • Geminigl81
    Geminigl81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There is also a product called PB2 it is powered peanut butter without all of the oil and fat. You just add water and it cuts back the calories from 190 to 45 per serving. I love this stuff, it is so much easier to add to protein shakes, I love to eat it with apples or on top of rice cakes.
  • MaiLinna
    Options
    I love that stuff! I use it to make ice cream and put peanut butter flavor into my desserts too. I have a really low fat diet without peanut butter though so I use the full fat stuff.