Large ribcage is starting to creep me out :/

Options
I've lost over two stone now. I noticed recently when I'm lying on my back in bed just how big my ribcage is now I've lost weight. It's gross. It sticks out WAY above my belly.

Anyone else found as they've lost weight that parts of their bodies now look a bit weird. Or am I just still stuck in fat person mode and just haven't got used to it yet?

Replies

• squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i've had a fairly large/wide ribcage for my size, even when i was like 30 pounds heavier. i think some people just have larger ribcages/frame than others! mine does that weird sticky out thingy too, and i think a ton of people's does tbh. especially when laying down. but i notice as my abdomen gets stronger it's looks more filled in, if that makes sense? but yea
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I guess I've been overweight for so long that I just can't get my head around my new body. I feel like my collarbone sticks out a mile and now my hip bones are starting to show too.

I'm sure my head will catch up sooner or later ha ha!
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Mine has expanded after my second pregnancy, and now that I've lost that weight, it's totally weird.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I am finding this difficult to understand

Is it because you can see the outline of your ribcage and your stomach is convex when you lie down due to lower body fat? ...that's kind of normal...

Perhaps your head needs to catch up

Also consider that your POV is rather unique...looking down along your body rather than straight at it
  • Ribbot1
    Ribbot1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I am finding this difficult to understand

Some of us were born with rib cages that are extremely large, im the same. The lower ribs protrude far more than the average person. I personally don't take any notice of it but its there and not a figment of someones imagination.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    We have different skeletal features, much like our facial features but they are generally within a norm variation

Body dysmporphia is common, particularly when coming to terms with body fat loss which can change the body you have grown used to...it can take a few months to readjust
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean...
    It's that odd sensation of feeling, and seeing, your lower rib. Collar bone too, it was when scratching my shoulder one day and actually thought; wtf is that? lol!
    When they're covered with fat you just don't notice them.

It's good, enjoy!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    This talk of big rib cages is just making me think of Neanderthals :p. Yours probably has nothing on theirs!
    Options
    :lol: I'm not body dysmorphic I promise. I'm just not use to seeing my ribs without a massive layer of fat hiding it. Hahahaha.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Good for you, aimeerace!

Nice to know you've done so well it's freaking you out. :)

I think that's funny and nice.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    :lol: I'm not body dysmorphic I promise. I'm just not use to seeing my ribs without a massive layer of fat hiding it. Hahahaha.

I am

When I was fat I looked in the mirror and thought you look good

Now I'm slimmer I look in the mirror and think you look good but I miss the tits

Can't win

:bigsmile:
    Options

I am

Now I'm slimmer I look in the mirror and think you look good but I miss the tits

Can't win

I've never had big boobs so I don't know what at feels like hahahahaha! I've just got huge ribs instead lmao
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

I am

Can't win

I'm gonna be so upset if my boobs disappear! They've still been there in all their glory when I've been the weight I'm aiming for previously, but I definitely would have qualified as skinny fat.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    I still have D cups ...it's not so bad
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I've lost over two stone now. I noticed recently when I'm lying on my back in bed just how big my ribcage is now I've lost weight. It's gross. It sticks out WAY above my belly.

Anyone else found as they've lost weight that parts of their bodies now look a bit weird. Or am I just still stuck in fat person mode and just haven't got used to it yet?

I've always had a huge ribcage even when I was over 200lbs. My mom has a huge one too. I think some people's bodies are just made that way. It definitely grosses me out! And it makes me feel like I still look fat because it sticks out so far.

• Nony_Mouse
    Options
    I still have D cups ...it's not so bad

Ah you're fine then!! If I can retain a D I'll be happy. Actually new lingerie is the thing I'm most looking forward to when I get to goal. There's nothing quite like new, perfectly fitting bras :).
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I want my Ds to disappear. I probably have body dysmorphia, but when I'm at a healthy weight, I have Bs, so I want them again.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    When I was younger I was a B/C, then went up to DD when I got really chubs about 13 years ago. When I lost that weight (down to what I'm now aiming to get back to) the girls stayed. I was not sad. I :heart: my curves.
  • aroura7777
    aroura7777 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    oh, I know that feeling :) I have what I guess you'd call 'big bones'. I'm not overweight (anymore ;) ) but now I'm weirdly distributed. All my muscle and fat is on my legs and my ribcage looks like a big box I'm wearing around my top XD My hips stick out quite a big too, so I guess I have a big skeleton cause I'm not really thin, but you can definitely see my bones :expressionless: Oh well ^.^ I guess you get what you're given :blush: I still prefer my body now to how it was :wink: I'm sure you look fab :blush:
  • aroura7777
    aroura7777 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    oh, and my DDs shrank to C/Ds, and they droop a lot more now (I'm only 19 for goodness sake XD) but they look fine all the same :)