weight watchers

Options
13»

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I had major problems with WW. I was always starving and felt like I was about to die. I like using MFP better, honestly.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    NotGnarly wrote: »
    I have done both WW and MFP and I lose better with WW. The accountability at the meetings keep me honest. As others have mentioned before fruits are not free and you can't just eat a ton of bananas and expect to lose and my leader has also mentioned this. She's always said, "let your weight loss be your guide". Points values are very easy and I find WW food tracking a lot more simpler than MFP. MFP does have a HUGE food database but I found that confusing because there were so many different cals posted for something as simple as a chicken wing. WW website IMO is more straight forward and I find the meetings very helpful. I guess it all depends on what works for you. Pick a plan and stick with it and don't try to combine calorie counting with points and vice versa.

That's a major problem with the MFP database. It was designed so users could add entries easily for different foods, but a lot of times people add one-off personal things that nobody else needs. It gets harder and harder to find "good" entries for some common foods since there very few options to filter.

It seems MFP has made some efforts to purge entries that aren't used, but it seems they need a means to "downvote" items so they get suppressed from the public search.
  • NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yeah that would be nice to see them purge more entries. I just always found myself having to guess which entry to follow or having to google to see what the calorie count would be.

• NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Also for those who might not know already, WW has added fitness watches such as garmin, fitbit, UP, etc. to their website. My fitbit automatically syncs to WW and I can clearly see that I was overestimating my activity in the past. My acitivity points (AP) adjust according to how active I am, so no more having to manually log AP.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I am a free lifetime member of WW and won't ever be going there again. So much easier to just use MFP and I hated their new program I wasted money on. It use to be good long ago.