Fitbit -VS- Jawbone Up

Options
shack1157
shack1157 Posts: 97 Member
Does anyone have an opinion on the Fitbit Flex vs the Jawbone up? All comments will be appreciated.

Replies

• txgirlbikerchick
    txgirlbikerchick Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I first bought the new Flex. I hated it, I found the sync and interface hard to use. I sent it back. It was also very hard to put on. I just got the Jawbone this weekend and LOVE IT! I know a lot of people complain about the cap on the end to sync, but I like the fact that I can pop it into my phone anytime, and do not need a computer. Its battery life seems great and seems to last forever. It also charged fast yesterday. I will try to update my later. FYI though, I got it Best Buy and bought the extra protection plan because there are some reviews on the net that say it may quit after a few months. We will see. Right now, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idle alert because I work at a desk (flex did not have that) and I love seeing my steps and how close I am to my goal for the day. Happy shopping!
  • HS2305
    HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I was literally going to post this exact question.
  • wink77
    wink77 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I bought the Fitbit Flex and love it. I chose it over the Jawbone because it can synch through bluetooth to my Iphone. I track my food on MFP and my fitbit synchs to MFP as well. I've had mine about 6 weeks and haven't had any problems, I wear it 24/7 and don't even know that it's there. I got it at Best Buy.
  • season187
    season187 Posts: 3
    Options
    I wanted a Flex when I heard it was coming out. But then it seemed like it was taking forever to come out so I went ahead and got the Up band instead. Personally, I like it not wirelessly syncing. It does everything I want from an activity tracker. The App (iOS is what I use) is great. I had an issue of it being connected to the wrong Facebook account and contacted Jawbone support and within a couple weeks, they pushed down an app update with an option to disconnect from your fb, twitter and contacts. LOVE that they fixed my issue that quickly. There are only two things that bug me. One, sometimes my Up band charges, and sometimes it DRAINS when I plug it in. I am in the middle of getting that fixed with Jawbone. They will probably do a warranty exchange. I have had the UP Band for about 2mos. The other problem I have, I dont know if it is just my circle of friends, but, seems like everyone I know owns a fitbit or wants a Flex. Sooo... I only have one teammate and thats it. I think it would be more fun with more people on your "team".
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I went for a Polar FT4, and love it. Best HRM I've ever had.
  • steveta3
    Options
    Both are great I have both the flex is more for my workouts and the Jawbone is like Art but does have a better sleep mode by far its my alarm clock