how much....

Options
How much weight did u lose in two months and what did u do? I am planning s secret trip for the hubby and wjile I know I won't lose 50 pounds, I am wondering what I can do to achieve the maximum weight loss I can in 2 months. Any suggestioms welcome.

Replies

• schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Just stick to MFP guidelines and aim for 2lbs a week weight loss, which is 16 lbs over two months but if you are at a larger weight it could end up being 16-20+ lbs in two months, it all depends!

Log everything you eat and stick to the calorie amount allotted, exercise, drink water and get enough sleep! :) Good luck
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i only lost about 5 lbs... it took my one year to lose 20
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    I lost 16 pounds in 2 months at the VERY beginning of my weight loss efforts. Any weight after that took some more effort. I was eating 1200 (have since upped my calories) and doing HIIT (high intensity interval training) like Jillian Michaels videos with strength and cardio intervals 6 times a week.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 28 pounds in the past 2 months. It started to slow down about a month ago, so I started walking. First about a mile every other day. Now I am doing 2 miles most days (I take 2-3 days off). It has picked up pace again t the point where I eat back my calories and still am losing rather quickly. I now wish I started walking back at the start.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to maximize weight loss in a short period of time, I would recommend dealing with a dietician (not a nutritionist). They are licensed and regulated, and can create an individualized plan that will help you lose a significant amount safely. I dropped about 30 lbs in the first two months (some of it was water weight, and I was significanlty overweight to begin with) with my dietician. Overall, I lost about 90 lbs in the span of a year using the plan she created for me. The downside, of course, is that dieticians are not cheap. If the cost is too high, stick with MFP guidelines. You'll lose steadily and stay healthy.