Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Foods You Thought You'd Miss?

JaimusWilliams
JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
Awhile back I decided to give up my love for pasta and burgers. I use to eat pastas in some form at least 5 times a week! One night it would be pasta with meatballs, than the next night a buffalo chicken casserole, so on and so forth.

Then reality struck and I was prediabetic and the Dr said I need to make some changes and quick. So I became Mr. CarbControl... It was a huge change that was very difficult at first. However, almost a year later I can pass on pasta easily and never really feel the need to eat pasta or rice (unless it's in sushi.)

Another food I use to love was hamburger. I would love making massive burgers mix in cheese etc. Wow, now that I think back I can't believe how unhealthy I was. Now I can careless about hamburgers. I don't even find them that appealing anymore.

The same goes for fast food places like Wendys etc. When I use to be out and hungry I use to run for the fast food joints. Now when I'm out and Hungry I just say to myself... "Man, there's no where to eat and I'm hungry.. Time to go to the market."

I still eat these foods here and there occasionally but I don't go out of my way for them.

What foods did you give up that you thought you'd miss?

Replies

• GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Soda. I was addicted, no joke. Now I only drink soda if I'm out for drinks and it's mixed with something (and that doesn't happen too often). That was a hard habit to break!
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Soda. I was addicted, no joke. Now I only drink soda if I'm out for drinks and it's mixed with something (and that doesn't happen too often). That was a hard habit to break!

I forgot about that one. I use to drink Soda like it was water! Now if I have some it makes my teeth feel like they are decaying. I too enjoy a nice Jack and Diet Coke on occasion. My next task to cut back on is beer on weekends!