Title Boxing

I've been doing a 60 minute workout at title boxing Clermont Florida that I think burns somewhere around 800 calories it's part boxing part calisthenics and a lot of cardio. I'm guessing at the calories burned but I know its more than boxing and probably similar to kickboxing but I'm not sure does anyone have an idea of how many calories this actually burns because even at 800 calories I have so many extra calories on the days that I work out extra. my question is do I eat my total calories for the day when I work out so in other words the extra 800 or do I stay with my normal 1650 calories

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    It's not burning 800 calories, I know that. 800 calories in an hour would require a sustained, fairly high-level effort for every minute of the 60 minutes. Once you mention "calisthenics" you can knock a big chunk off the estimate. If there is a warmup involved with the class, that's another whack. I'm thinking more like 500, maybe 10% more if the actual exercise movements are super intense.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,900 Member
    I instruct a kickboxing class ( on bags and gloves) and the people burning over 700 calories are well over 200lbs. +. And that's with high intensity all the way through the whole hour.
    I also doubt it's 800 calories. If you're using an HRM to count the calories, then the number is skewed once you do any strength training exercises.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png