Need help making better choices!!!

Options
tara5681
tara5681 Posts: 3 Member
So I'm the type of person who's never really been into exercising or watched what I eat...I can go almost all day without eating if I'm busy and just get by on small snacks or picking at stuff. I joined MFP to achieve overall better health and started tracking my steps and bike riding. Now the hard part. Food. I need some suggestions on how to improve my eating habits...like small, healthy breakfasts since I'm not a big breakfast person-mine usually consists of coffee LoL or small snacks I culd eat throughout the day that will keep me full and energized. I'm really just trying to maintain a healthy weight and make better food choices so any tips, tricks and suggestions are welcome!! Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend and check out my food diary. Do the same with other members. It is important to establish a routine for yourself. gradually your body will begin to recognise hunger and then you will want to eat. Don't ignore the signals they are there for a reason. Log everything as it does make you food aware. it will also show patterns and if they need to be changed. Protein is the most satisfying so would suggest you try to eat some each meal. I hope this helps.
  • Teetertotters
    Teetertotters Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As of right now, I have been tracking food for three days or so. Logging all of what you eat and checking the nutrition is really important. I've already started eating much healthier by checking the carbs, sugar, fat, protein ratio. In just three days, I know what I eat too much of and what I eat too little of, which is iron and potassium. I guess overtime you adjust to what foods are healthy and what foods are not and you get in a healthy pattern.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Eat higher protein and fats for satiety. Choosing higher carb and lower protein will not fulfill that satiety you are wanting to get through the day. It sounds like you may want to choose foods to graze on through out the day...so if you do a search on high protein snacks or meals, you will get a slew of ideas or even recipes based on your taste buds and what you like to eat now... there is ton of stuff you can eat and prepare..
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Make a few dishes ahead of time and portion them for grab and go in the next few days. Basically if you plan your entire day (including snacks), you just follow the plan and see how easy it is.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You do not have to eat breakfast. There is no breakfast rule. The only important things are that you stay at 1. your calorie goal, and 2. eat enough protein.
  • therusticgypsigirl
    therusticgypsigirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me. But, I know I'm not going to get the results I want unless I eat. I've never been much of a breakfast eater, but because it really sets my energy level for the day, I started drinking a meal replacement protein shake with berries in the am. I'm drinking Syntha Phase. And I must confess I HATE ice cream (the thick texture grosses me out) or milk, but almond milk is great in this.