Large portions

Options
msty112
msty112 Posts: 199 Member
Craving something with large portions for dinner tonight! Besides a giant salad... Ideas???

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How many calories have you got?
  • msty112
    Options
    About 500.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Roasted veggies
    stuffed portabello mushrooms (stuffed with black beans, cilantro, chili powder, and may be a touch of parmasan)
    stuffed bell peppers (perhaps with a spiced lentil mix?)
    zucchini noodles with avocado/lemon sauce (or pasta sauce...whatever floats your boat!)
    soup of almost every variety (thai carrot with peanut, anyone?)
    a giant smoothie (maybe Cantaloupe with coconut butter and coconut milk)
    chia seed pudding for dessert made with almond milk (to keep the calories lower)
    guacamole with cut vegetables
    cut veggies with salsa

the list is endless! :) Have fun!
  • msty112
    Options
    Ended up with a big plate of zucchini noodles tossed with some left over chicken and vegetables. It was quite good and under 400 calories! That stuffed portabello sounds awesome. I will have to remember that one.
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I always go for a heavy veggie base when I want to eat a BIG meal. And potatoes. Potatoes are wonderful filler. So usually a veggie(something like broccoli or asparagus with some lemon juice), a serving of potatoes(steamed or boiled and I just salt and pepper them or will brown them in some kind of fat), and a meat/protein cooked in a yummy way. I love it because it's great for those days I want to feel stuffed. Pile of veggies, pile of potatoes, protein, so much food and really easy to keep it at under 500 calories.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Stir fry always works too!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Zucchini noodles with an avocado/lemon sauce, chopped tomatoes, corn, one can of tuna or other protein sauce and a baked sweet potato on the side

Or spaghetti squash cooked, and filled with ground turkey, tomato sauce, onions, peppers, spinach and topped with cheese

Huge stirfry

Egg white omelette filled with veggies and some hashbrowns with ketchup on the side
  • SteRobinson77
    SteRobinson77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Add me please you lot :) all these ideas are great
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    My favorite high volume meal:
    150 grams zucchini
    150 grams of yellow squash
    6 oz 99% lean ground turkey
    50 grams tomato
    50 grams mushroom
    25 grams onion
    1 clove of garlic
    Laughing cow cheese

Veggies cooked without oil, and with cholula chipotle hot sauce. Mix meat and veg together with a laughing cow cheese, which creates a creamy cheese sauce with the chipotle.

This recipe is about 300 calories, add black beans and you get closer to 400.