How did I gain 6lbs just eating 2 meals today??

Options

Replies

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You gotta remember, drinking water and eating food immediately add physical weight in your belly. Weight goes up and down all day long. You shouldn't really take into account what you weigh at different times of the day. I only weigh myself in the mornings, after going to the bathroom, before I drink any water. If I looked at my end of day weight on some days, I'm sure I'd wanna pass out.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    You gotta remember, drinking water and eating food immediately add physical weight in your belly. Weight goes up and down all day long. You shouldn't really take into account what you weigh at different times of the day. I only weigh myself in the mornings, after going to the bathroom, before I drink any water. If I looked at my end of day weight on some days, I'm sure I'd wanna pass out.

I think people need to learn the the concept of losing weight and what it means. It should be one of the first things a person learns before beginning the process.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Some people drink as much as a gallon of water a day, so there's 8 1/3 pounds right there. Then you add your food to it and you have even more.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Some people drink as much as a gallon of water a day, so there's 8 1/3 pounds right there. Then you add your food to it and you have even more.

But as long as their pisser is working I don't think they are going to store a gallon of water. Well I guess they might if they were stranded in a desert for days. :)
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    jonnie256 wrote: »
    Have only had 2 meals today and gained 6lbs!!!! Wtf! So frustrated. Didn't even eat THAT bad. Yes my diary is open. Just happened to had weighed myself this morning and weighed myself after I took a shower after dinner.

Besides the food and liquids you consume throughout the day having weight until digested, you can also weigh more after a shower. It's a fun little experiment-weigh yourself before taking a shower and then afterwards. My weight always goes up a couple pounds afterwards :p

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself more than once a day. It'll just mess with your mind.

Think of it this way: If you drink 8 glasses of water, 8oz x 8 = 64oz of water. That's 4lbs of water alone and doesn't even count any food you eat. Until you digest it and get rid of the waste, that's in your system and it's gonna show up on the scale.
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i just use common sense. weigh myself in the morning before eating, after peeing lol. usually once a week, same time. or less than that even at times. if i know I'm retaining water from the time of the month, i stay away from the scale. if i know i ate something high insodium.. i just wait an extra day or two to weigh.
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well woke up this morn and 2lbs was gone. About to go do a 10k run, I'm sure that will help.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Dude...ya gotta stop weighing
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Water weights 10 lbs /gallon or 4.5 litres
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else able to predict their weight fluctuations? I have to admit that I was surprised this week to see minor losses on days with DOMS. There were bigger losses the following days. That was new.

OP, lots of things cause weight to fluctuate. Read the forums and learn about them. If you're going to weigh yourself frequently, you should become familiar with them so you don't freak out every time the scale goes up.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else able to predict their weight fluctuations? I have to admit that I was surprised this week to see minor losses on days with DOMS. There were bigger losses the following days. That was new.

OP, lots of things cause weight to fluctuate. Read the forums and learn about them. If you're going to weigh yourself frequently, you should become familiar with them so you don't freak out every time the scale goes up.

I usually can...I know I'll be up around 2 pounds for TOM. Except today I'm up close to 4 pounds (it's due today), but my guess is the extra carbs I ate yesterday contributed to that number.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

The most consistent fluctuations I have are the day after leg day. It's usually +2 lbs

Big muscle groups. Not surprising.

I'm in such a weird pattern right now. I'm losing like crazy, but it's like chipping away at it. .2 pounds here, .4 pounds there.

My trainer and I really went for broke and upped lots of weights last week too. I thought for sure that I'd gain.

• jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Someone obviously doesn't understand how weight loss and fluctuations work.

It'll be pretty funny when he wakes up tomorrow heavier after his run.

Nah bruh
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Someone obviously doesn't understand how weight loss and fluctuations work.

It'll be pretty funny when he wakes up tomorrow heavier after his run.

I'm sure this thread is a level.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

I like to think I can predict them, but when I expect a fluctuation that doesn't come, I always immediately think I must have lost and the noise is canceling the gain.