frustrated

Options
It is difficult staying motivated when all of the time those around me eat what they want and look amazing. What I would give for a high metabolism! :-)

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I doubt it is a high metabolism, perhaps you are only seeing a fraction of their day. Other times they are probably moderating what they are eating and exercising.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I also believe most of these people will have a high resistance to insulin meaning their insulin doesn't spike as much whilst eating so they store less fat.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    My roommate eats garbage all day and he is constantly tired. I watch what I eat, but I have whole grains, fruit and veg, dairy, and protein, and I feel awake and energized. Just because someone is thin, does not mean they are healthy. A thin person can still have clogged arteries.
  • Nicshtik
    Nicshtik Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You have to base your motivation on yourself.
    I have a lot to lose, and I am just starting out but...
    My motivation cannot be based on or reliant on the people around me. Losing weight and being healthier isn't their goal, its mine.
    Find the little things: I felt like crap and still managed to work out, I indulged and still stayed within my calorie goal, I beat 10,000 steps today...those are my little motivators. I focus on those, and then I look at the scale and find that I lost the first 10, which holds me over for a little longer.