Beach vacation and dieting

Options
Bshmerlie
Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
So I've been on a beach vacation in Carlsbad, Ca for the past three days and I must say it has been very hard to stay on track. When I'm in my regular daily routine I can prepackage my breakfast and lunch but now I don't have my scale or my usual tried and true menu items. I went to Chipotle and literally had the manager weigh each ingredient for me so I could log it accurately. Very nice guy. But then I had a burrito at another place and I have no idea how many calories it had so I just guessed 1000.

The only good thing as far as my keeping on the MFP track was the ocean work out. We were out in the waves boogie boarding for hours. I got back around 3:00pm took a shower and then crashed. I slept for 5 hours. My shoulders are so tired from fighting the waves....I'm gonna be so sore in the morning. I can't even imagine how many calories I burned. I haven't done anything like that since I was a kid. I'm sure all my work on the treadmill this past month made it all possible. How do you log something like that? I couldn't tell if I was sweating because the water was so cold and I had a wetsuit on but I know it was a strenuous workout because of how hard I was breathing at times. Hopefully I'll be able to get out of bed in the morning. :) No tread mill or weights this week. :)

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Make sensible choices

Keep moving and having fun

Log your estimates but don't worry too much

And enjoy your break

A week after your vacation you will get an idea of your weight ...then you can refocus on your logging accurately

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    err enjoy your holiday. If its that important then just apply some common sense on food choice and portion control. The sky wont fall in if you relax for 3 days. Relaxing and destressing also play a part of being able to maintain your journey.